Table of contents
- 42% increased chance of neuro problems with Long-COVID - Dr. Campbell Video Sept 26, 2022
- Long COVID Has Forced a Reckoning for One of Medicine’s Most Neglected Diseases (CFS) - Sept 2022
- 2 X higher rate of Long-COVID in the US (on-line survey) than in the UK - Sept 2022
- One of Long COVID’s Worst Symptoms Is Also Its Most Misunderstood (brain fog) - Sept 12, 2022
- Person having long-COVID for 400 days was operated on - had virus in appendix and skin - Sept 2022
- Long-COVID is a $3.5 trillion dollar problem that we know very little about - Sept 2022
- Increased health problems due to Long-COVID - March 2020 - Nov 2021 (published Sept 2022)
- For Some Patients, Long Covid Symptoms Mask Something Else - Aug 2022
- 15 other long-haul diseases: EBV, Polio, mono, 1918 influenza, Zika, Dengue - Aug 2022
- LONG-COVID incidence: was I in 10, now 1 in 20 if an asymptomatic infection - June 2022
- LONG-COVID can last for many months - preventing some people from working - June 2022
- COVID protects itself by changing the activation of > 100 genes - April 2021
- COVID fails to revert the gene activation to normal when it is conquered (Epstein)
- COVID, for example, protects itself by decreasing the activation of the Vitamin D Receptor
- Vitamin D and Vitamin D receptor activators should treat Long-COVID
- Long COVID’s grip will likely tighten as infections continue - Aug 2022
- LONG-COVID has similar symptoms as Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Many Chronic Fatigue symptoms are treated by D-Ribose
- Many reports on the web of D-Ribose treating LONG-COVID
- VitaminDWiki Virus pages with LONG-HAUL or LONG-COVID in the title (45 as of Aug 2022)
- Long-COVID – Emergent Pandemic – Dec 2021
- "ME/CFS involves a panoply of debilitating symptoms that affect many organ systems and that get worse with exertion. The Institute of Medicine estimates that it affects 836,000 to 2.5 million people in the U.S. alone, but is so misunderstood and stigmatized that about 90 percent of people who have it have never been diagnosed. "
- "Many cases of long COVID are effectively ME/CFS by another name. The exact number is hard to define, but past studies have shown that 5 to 27 percent of people infected by various pathogens, including Epstein-Barr virus and the original SARS, develop ME/CFS. Even if that proportion is 10 times lower for SARS-CoV-2, the number of Americans with ME/CFS would still have doubled in the past three years."
- "American ME/CFS patients may outnumber the population of 15 individual states, but ME/CFS specialists couldn’t fill a Major League Baseball roster." (26 doctors)
- "The hallmark symptom of ME/CFS—post-exertional malaise, or PEM—means even light physical or mental exertion can trigger major crashes that exacerbate every other symptom. Doctors who are unfamiliar with PEM, including many now running long-COVID clinics, can unwittingly hurt their patients by encouraging them to exercise."
See in VitaminDWiki
Overview Fibromyalgia or Chronic Fatigue and vitamin D
large doses of vitamin D reduced CFS/Fibromyalgia in > 10 studies
((Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and long-haul COVID-19)
US, Mass disabling event - Dr. Campbell video
US data comes from a long on-line survey (takes 20 minutes to complete)
UK data - apparently not on-line survey
More in Women than men in both US and UK
- "It’s also among the most misunderstood. It wasn’t even included in the list of possible COVID symptoms when the coronavirus pandemic first began. But 20 to 30 percent of patients report brain fog three months after their initial infection, as do 65 to 85 percent of the long-haulers who stay sick for much longer. "
- "At its core, Hellmuth said, it is almost always a disorder of “executive function”—the set of mental abilities that includes focusing attention, holding information in mind, and blocking out distractions."
- "That specific constellation of problems also befalls many people living with HIV, epileptics after seizures, cancer patients experiencing so-called chemo brain, and people with several complex chronic illnesses such as fibromyalgia. It’s part of the diagnostic criteria for myalgic encephalomyelitis, also known as chronic fatigue syndrome, or ME/CFS—a condition that Davis and many other long-haulers now have." (many hyperlinks at the website)
Dr. Been YouTube Video
Nasal and throat tests were negative, Virus setup camp elsewhere in the body
What % of people with long-COVID actually still have COVID?
'No man's land': Long COVID knocks young workers out of the job market ABC News Sept 5
"calculations factor in lost earnings, medical care and lower quality of life."
Note: This is pre-Omicron
Download PNAS PDF
Discusses many possible reasons. including microclotting
- "... long Covid can be easily confused with countless other conditions, including cardiovascular diseases such as hypertension and diabetes, autoimmune diseases like lupus and multiple sclerosis, and cancer."
- "A July paper in Nature that analyzed the medical records of over 2 million patients in the UK found that, while 5.4 percent of those with a previous Covid infection had at least one long Covid symptom recorded in their charts, 4.5 percent without evidence of infection__ also had at least one symptom."
It’s Not Just Long COVID The Atlantic
- Unexplained post-acute infection syndromes - May 2022 PDF
Long-Haul COVID-19 occurred to 1 in 20 who had been asymptomatic (a study of 2 million with COVID-19) – June 2021
Half as much Long-Haul with Omicron - June 2022
COVID Long-Haul prevalence increases with time: 50% at 4 months - meta June 2022
This is a good environment for the Epstein Virus to re-emerage
VitaminDWiki pages with "EPSTEIN in title
This list is automatically updated
This list is automatically updated
- COVID kids were more likely to have a poor VDR (4.3 X), than low Vitamin D (2.6 X) – Sept 2022
- Cancers are associated with low vitamin D, poor vaccination response and perhaps poor VDR – July 2022
- COVID 3X more likely if a poor Receptor (cells get less Vitamin D from the blood) – July 2022
- Long-COVID is now the biggest COVID concern - many studies
- COVID death 12X more likely if poor Vitamin D Receptor (less D gets to cells) - Oct 2021
- COVID severity, ICU, and mortality all associated with poor vitamin D receptor (but not D, everyone had low D) -Dec 2021
- Different Vitamin D Receptor problems cause different COVID problems - Dec 2021
- COVID-19 severity associated with 3 vitamin D genes – Oct 2021
- Poor Vitamin D receptor blocked Vitamin D from fighting avian influenza viruses (in mice) – July 2021
- Epstein-Barr is yet another virus that deactivates the Vitamin D receptor (COVID later suspected as well)– 2010
- COVID-19 symptoms and comorbidities associated with the type of Vitamin D Receptor – Oct 2021
- Enveloped virus infection (RSV, coronavirus, HIV, etc.) 1.5X more likely if poor Vitamin D Receptor – meta-analysis Dec 2018
- COVID-19 outpatients getting Quercetin nanoemulsion had excellent outcomes (Q increased Vitamin D in cells) – RCT – June 2021
- A virus that most adults have (Cytomegalovirus) decreases the amount of Vitamin D which gets to the cells – Jan 2017
- COVID virus alters the activation of 100 vitamin D related genes in the lung – April 2021
- Common sense COVID-19 risk reduction - masks, social distancing, vitamin D - Oct 2020
- AI is examining 170,000 potential COVID-19 treatments, Vitamin D is one of only 6 found – Sept 4, 2020
- Vitamin D Receptor activation should reduce ARDS associated with COVID-19 - June 2020
- Dengue viral production decreased 1000X if activate Vitamin D Receptor (in lab) – July 2020
- Vitamin D, Quercetin, and Estradiol all increase vitamin D in cells and increase genes which reduce COVID-19 – May 21, 2020
- Quercetin and Vitamin D - Allies Against COVID-19
- Risk of enveloped virus infection is increased 50 percent if poor Vitamin D Receptor - meta-analysis Dec 2018
- Hand, foot, and Mouth disease is 14X more likely if poor Vitamin D Receptor – Oct 2019
- Treating herpes reduced incidence of senile dementia by 10 X (HSV1 reduces VDR by 8X) – 2018
- Severe hand, foot, and mouth virus is 2.9 X more likely if poor Vitamin D receptor – Oct 2018
- Hepatitis B virus reduced by 5X the Vitamin D getting to liver cells in the lab – Oct 2018
- Some enveloped virus are 1.2 X more likely if have a poor Vitamin D Receptor -Aug 2018
- Severe Pertussis is 1.5 times more likely if poor vitamin D receptor – Feb 2016
- Dengue Fever associated with poor vitamin D receptor – July 2002
- Dengue virus 2X to 4X more likely if vitamin D receptor gene problems
- "The HHS said in its Aug. 4 report that long COVID could keep 1 million people a day out of work, with a loss of $50 billion in annual pay."
- "A study from the University of Norway published in Open Forum Infectious Diseases found 53% of people tested had at least one symptom of thinking problems 13 months after infection with COVID-19."
- "Dr. Vos’s most recent study, which is being peer-reviewed and revised, found that most people with long COVID have symptoms similar to those seen in other autoimmune diseases."
D-Ribose is a natural sugar of the body that help the mitochondria in the cells produce ATP – needed for energy
The founder of VitaminDWiki has used D-Ribose for 20 years to replace the energy lost after intense exercise
He currently buys D-Ribose in bulk on Amazon
D-Ribose successfully treated Chronic Fatigue Syndrome in a clinical trial in 2010 PDF
Other supplements, such as Vitamin D, Probiotics, and Omega-3 also reduce LONG-HAUL symptoms
- Role of mitochondria, oxidative stress and the response to antioxidants in myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome: A possible approach to SARS-CoV-2 ‘long-haulers’? - March 2021 10.1016/j.cdtm.2020.11.002 FREE PDF
- This Sugar Cured One Woman’s Long Covid Symptoms Dec 2021
The Founder of VitaminDWiki suspects that a heaping teaspoon of D-Ribose taken 4 times daily should result in significant energy restoration in less than a week.
Note: Since D-Ribose only treats a symptom, it may have to be continued for many months
Long COVID a New Derivative in the Chaos of SARS-CoV-2 Infection: The Emergent Pandemic?
J. Clin. Med. 2021, 10(24), 5799; https://doi.org/10.3390/jcm10245799
PDF Table of Contents
Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) is a multisystem illness caused by Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2), which can manifest with a multitude of symptoms in the setting of end-organ damage, though it is predominantly respiratory. However, various symptoms may remain after acute SARS-CoV-2 infection, and this condition is referred to as “Long COVID” (LC). Patients with LC may develop multi-organ symptom complex that remains 4–12 weeks after the acute phase of illness, with symptoms intermittently persisting over time. The main symptoms are fatigue, post-exertional malaise, cognitive dysfunction, and limitation of functional capacity. Pediatric patients developed the main symptoms of LC like those described in adults, although there may be variable presentations of LC in children. The underlying mechanisms of LC are not clearly known, although they may involve pathophysiological changes generated by virus persistence, immunological alterations secondary to virus–host interaction, tissue damage of inflammatory origin and hyperactivation of coagulation. Risk factors for developing LC would be female sex, more than five early symptoms, early dyspnea, previous psychiatric disorders, and alterations in immunological, inflammatory and coagulation parameters. There is currently no specific treatment for LC, but it could include pharmacological treatments to treat symptoms, supplements to restore nutritional, metabolic, and gut flora balance, and functional treatments for the most disabling symptoms. In summary, this study aims to show the scientific community the current knowledge of LC.
Download the PDF from VitaminDWiki
There have actually been
|251 visitors, last modified 27 Sep, 2022,
|18493||Long-term neurologic outcomes of COVID-19_CompressPdf.pdf||PDF 2022||admin 27 Sep, 2022 02:18||2.79 Mb||0|
|18408||Long-Covid Symptoms.jpg||admin 11 Sep, 2022 01:12||132.30 Kb||85|
|18407||ToC LC.jpg||admin 11 Sep, 2022 01:11||50.91 Kb||82|
|18406||Long-Covid Emergent pandemic_CompressPdf.pdf||admin 11 Sep, 2022 01:10||227.07 Kb||5|
|18374||Many effects of long-COVID.jpg||admin 04 Sep, 2022 18:10||167.36 Kb||119|
|18373||pnas.2213524119_CompressPdf.pdf||PDF 2022||admin 04 Sep, 2022 18:10||577.45 Kb||17|
|18279||Long-covid activity.jpg||admin 12 Aug, 2022 22:39||18.45 Kb||180|
|18278||Long-X.jpg||admin 12 Aug, 2022 22:27||20.53 Kb||170|
|18277||Unexplained post-acute infection syndromes_CompressPdf.pdf||PDF 2022||admin 12 Aug, 2022 22:26||550.75 Kb||27|
|18121||D-0ribose CFS clinical trial.pdf||admin 18 Jul, 2022 09:02||236.26 Kb||32|