This is an attempt to see if Roundup/Glyphosate causes problems with Vitamin D - started May 2013
Hypothesis: Glyphosate ==> disrupt enzyme ==> one of the causes of vitamin D reduction
Reasons to think that the hypothesis is correct
- Glyphosate ==> disrupt enzyme: conclusion of one study (would really like more . . )
- The past 40 years that Glyphosate has been increasing, vitamin D has been decreasing
- Close association between increased use of Glyphosate and increased diseases which are associated with low levels of vitamin D - such as Autism
Looking for data to support or refute the hypothesis
1) There are only a few countries with total bans on GMO foods for 10 years
Have those countries had fewer problems with low level of vitamin D and associated diseases?
Note: I believe that many things reduce vitamin D besides Glyphosate
- examples include latitude, skin color, season, air pollution, being indoors, etc http://is.gd/lowvitamind
So I do not expect to see a smoking gun, that is, lots more vitamin D in the countries which have banned GMO foods.
2) Cattle which have been fattened (last 3 months of their lives) on corn (with Glyphosate) seem to have very low levels vitamin D in the meat
How much vitamin D in the meat of organic cattle?
Suspect that it should be similar to what cattle had 80 years ago. (1000 IU per kg??)
How much vitamin D in the cattle meat in the countries which ban GMO foods
This assumes that the GMO ban applies to animal feed as well as human food
The category page = Glyphosate
10 most-visited pages in Glyphosate category in VitaminDWiki
Number of Bayer Lawsuits May Increase to 45,000 Mercola Oct 2019
- "Germany announced it would be banning glyphosate by the end of 2023, with the phase-out starting even sooner"
- "Glyphosate May Trigger Aggressive Breast Cancer"
- Bayer created heroin – Friedrich Bayer & Co trademarked it back in 1898.
- Bayer was a major player in World War I by creating some of the deadliest chemical warfare compounds known to man, including mustard gas.
- Bayer was part of a conglomerate that helped fund the Nazi party in World War II.
- Bayer was part of the largest Medicaid fraud settlement ever. In 2003, the beleaguered company pled guilty for selling antibiotics to consumers for less than what they billed to Medicaid. Bayer paid over $257 million in the settlement.
- Drug includes: Aleve®, Alka-Selzter®, Bayer Aspirin, Coppertone™, Glucobay™, Kogenate™, Luna™, MiraLAX™,Movento™
- Pesticides, Fumgicides etc, include: Corvus™,CropStar™, Confidor™, Esplanade™, Flint™, Fox™, Harness® Branded Herbicides, Maxforce™, Nativo™, Prosaro™, Roundup®
Bayer Needs More Than an Aspirin to Cure its Monsanto-Sized Headache GreenMedInfo] Sept 11, 2018
- [CEO]... told his top-tier investors that Bayer had performed an adequate due-diligence on Monsanto before purchasing the troubled company for $66 billion this past June. At the time of its purchase, Monsanto told its German suitors that a $270-million set-aside would cover all its outstanding liabilities arising from Monsanto’s 5,000 Roundup cancer lawsuits."
- [CEO] ...did concede to anxious shareholders that Monsanto had withheld internal papers relevant to the case. Bayer never saw those internal Monsanto documents prior to the purchase. "
- "On news of the [single] verdict, Bayer watched its stock plummet 14 percent and forfeited $16 billion in shareholder value."
- Story reminded the readers that Monsanto was one of the companies which made DDT which Rachel Carson was writing about many decades ago/ Monsanto also made Agent Orange
How Much of an Herbicide Is Safe in Your Cereal? The Atlantic
- "The report, which focuses on cereals, granola bars, and oatmeal, determined that out of the 45 products it tested, only two were free from traces of the herbicide. Twelve samples contained amounts of glyphosate that were lower than what the EWG believes is harmful to consume, and 31 of the samples contained levels of glyphosate higher than this benchmark."
- "And it isn’t only a weed-killer; it’s also sprayed on some grain crops before harvest to accelerate drying."
- "An estimated 4,000 individuals have filed lawsuits against Monsanto, claiming Roundup caused their Non-Hodgkin lymphoma."
- "The first cancer patient to get his day in court is Dewayne “Lee” Johnson, who used Roundup extensively in his work as a groundskeeper"
- "...internal documents obtained during legal discovery in lawsuits against the company reveal Monsanto never actually tested the Roundup formulation for carcinogenicity."
- "For example, glyphosate has been shown to:... Interfere with the function of cytochrome P450 enzymes (required for activation of vitamin D and the creation of nitric oxide and cholesterol sulfate)"
- "What's worse, tests10 conducted by the U.S. National Toxicology Program (NTP), published just last month, reveal the Roundup formula is far more toxic than glyphosate alone"
World Health Organization described Glyphosate as possible cause of cancer in humans includes a link to Lancet publication
New York Times
Glyphostate test $119 May 2015
Article about WHO and the Glyphosate test GreenMedInfo
- backgound on Roundup and Glyphosate on VitaminDWiki is at http://is.gd/roundupd
Which includes a PDF summary of scientific studies
- Monsanto banned from EU parliament (they refused to respond to Glosophate safety questions) – Oct 2017
- Off topic: Roundup may be source of many medical problem increases - April 2013
- Off topic – Roundup found to be 125X more toxic than its active ingredient (glyphosate) - April 2014
- GMO soybeans have high levels of glyphosate – June 2014
- Glyphosate Disrupts Vitamin D Activation and Sulfate Production Oct 2014
"Glyphosate disrupts cytochrome p450 enzymes. There are lots of them in the liver [where they] activate vitamin D."
- Roundup: The “Nontoxic” Chemical that May Be Destroying our Health
Winston Price Foundation Oct 2013
- Drinking well water and occupational exposure to Herbicides is associated with chronic kidney disease, in Padavi-Sripura, Sri Lanka Jan 2015
2X increase in Kidney Disease if roundup in well water, 5X increase if the farmer had sprayed Roundup
- 27 ways that Roundup harms mammals GreenMedInfo
- 50+ diseases associated with Roundup GreenMedInfo
- Killing Off the Monarchs Mercola Jan 2015
"Milkweeds are critical to the Monarch’s survival because they’re the only food source for Monarch larvae."
"Milkweed is very susceptible to being killed by glyphosate,"
". . North American Monarch population has plummeted by 91 % over the last two decades."
- Vitamin D is suppressed by both Roundup and Genes
- 20 X more Parkinson's and 100X more Autism with GMO soy in China over a 20 year time period
- Off topic: 13 X increase of Glyphosate in urine in 23 years – JAMA Oct 2017
Recent (2012) http://current.com/groups/news-blog/93975745_peru-bans-genetically-modified-foods-as-us-lags.htm
Russia suspended imports of Monsanto's GMO corn
France also has a temporary ban on the corn.
Ireland has banned the growing of GMO crops since 2009.
Egypt also banned the cultivation of GMO crops in 2010, but may not have carried through
- Tasmania has a moratorium on them until November of 2014
- Japan: The Japanese people are staunchly opposed to genetically modified crops and no GM seeds are planted in the country.
- New Zealand: No GM foods are grown in the country.
- Germany: There is a ban on the cultivation or sale of GMO maize.
- Ireland: All GM crops were banned for cultivation in 2009, and there is a voluntary labeling system for foods containing GM foods to be identified as such.
- Austria, Hungary, Greece, Bulgaria, and Luxembourg: There are bans on the cultivation and sale of GMOs.
- France: Monsanto's MON810 GM corn had been approved but its cultivation was forbidden in 2008.
- Switzerland: The country banned all GM crops, animals, and plants on its fields and farms in a public referendum in 2005, extended through 2013.
- Both Sri Lanka and Thailand had bans on imported GMOs as early as 2001,
- Saudi Arabia has banned the growing of GMO foods and the importing of GMO wheat.
Toxic shock: California allows up to one thousand times more glyphosate in drinking water than needed to cause breast cancer in women Natural News June 2013
California allows 1,000 part per billion of glyphosate in drinking water
Glyphosate is the new DDT
Glyphosate detected in feeding tubes given to babies and children with cancer Natural News Jan 2015
30% of Pediasure, a supposed "nutritional" drink given to ill children in the pediatric unit, had 75 parts per billion (ppb) of Glyphosate
Glyphosate destroys gut bacteria in chickens at 0.1 ppb: A 750 X lower dose than which the babies were getting
- Note: Adults in ICUs get only 200 IU of vitamin D per day. Wonder how much vitamin D infants get, if any
Roundup adjuvants are 9,661 times more toxic to human cells than the active ingredient glyphosate Natural News April 2019
- "In a 2013 study published in Biomedical Research International, researchers found that some Roundup additives are almost 10,000 times more toxic (9,661 times, to be exact) to human cells than glyphosate."
- Biomed Res Int.  Download the PDF from VitaminDWiki
- "UN blockbuster report: “catastrophic” use of pesticides causes up to 41 million adverse reactions and 200,000 deaths globally every year"
See also VitaminDWiki
GreenMedInfo June 2013, shows the revolving door exchange of people between the US Govt and Monsanto
Natural News June 2013 had the following charts
by earthopensource on Green Medical Information,July 2013
How Genetically Engineered Foods Will Be Eradicated Mercola Sept 2013
tipping point of consumer rejection of genetically engineered foods in the US is almost here.
Whole Foods announced when a product becomes verified as Non-GMO or GMO-free, sales leap by 15-30%
The March Against Monsanto in 52 countries by more than two million people .
1.7 million people watched Jeffrey Smith’s film “Genetic Roulette” in 2012
Includes recent video by Jeffrey Smith from Responsible Technology
Toxic glyphosate (Roundup) found to be harming dairy cows Natural News, Sept 2013
- 100% of the cows tested in Denmark had glyphosate in their urine
"The Co and Mn levels were much too low in all animals for proper function and immune response (in comparison with reference levels)," added the researchers. "This is a result of the strong chelating effect of glyphosate especially in chelating Co and Mn."
PDF of the study is attached at the bottom of this page
Download the PDF from VitaminDWiki.
A few charts
Download the PDF from VitaminDWiki.
A few of her slides
Along with related information on Allergies, Autism, Auto immune, Asthma
They also have data
Discount if you are a member of Moms Across America, above
- http://www.wikiwand.com/en/Glufosinate Wikipedia
Works on GMO plants: It interferes with the biosynthetic pathway of the amino acid glutamine and with ammonia detoxification.
GMO canola, cotton, soybean and maize are currently on the market
It has been used in pre-harvest crop desiccation on non-GMO plants - like wheat
Interdiscip Toxicol. Dec 2013; 6(4): 159–184. Dec 2013. doi: 10.2478/intox-2013-0026
Anthony Samsel1 and Stephanie Seneff
Download the PDF from VitaminDWiki.
GMOs invade fruit industry: Apples, pears, cherries and peaches to all become unlabeled GMO Natural News and others
Uses gene silencing is used to turn down the expression of polyphenol oxidase (PPO), thus preventing the fruit from browning.- Wikipedia
USDA approved after only looking into the possibility that GMO apples might contaminate other plants
UDSA did not, apparently, consider that
- GMO apples might have some harm to humans
- GMO apples might be less able to deal with pests ( the deleted browning response)
Good news - retailers afraid consumers will reject all of their product if they feel it might contain GMO - 2015
- East Coast apple packer feels that consumers will reject the Artic Apple
- GMO potatoes blocked by McDonalds which decided consumers would avoid all french fries
- GMO tomatoes (Flavr Savr) blocked June 2013
I notice that Tofu sold in my local grocery store is all GMO-free
I look forward to buying tortillas and other wheat products marked as being GMO free
from Game-Changing Study: GMO Soy Accumulates Carcinogenic Formaldehyde July 2015
Based on a very detained simulation of stressed soy plants - no apparent actual testing to confirm
1.5X more likely to have severe menstrual pain if fed soymilk as infant (soy has Formaldehyde and Glyphosate,)
Soy-based infant formula feeding and menstrual pain in a cohort of women aged 23–35 years - Nov 2018,
https://doi.org/10.1093/humrep/dey303 free PDF
GMO crops totally banned in Russia... Sept 2015
"share of GMO in the Russian food industry has declined from 12 percent to just 0.01 percent over the past 10 years"
Promising evidence: How to REDUCE the threat of pesticides and Roundup toxicity Naural Health 365
Glyphostate depletes glutathione, anti-oxidents like Vitamin C restores glutathione