Highlights from Green Information and the study
- Previous Roundup rat studies only lasted 90 days.
- A French study, published in Nov 2012, studied rats for 600 days
- Rats rarely die from GMO corn treated with Roundup before 400 days
- Breast cancer, pituitary, liver and kidney disease were the most common resulting health problems
- It appears that the genetic modification of corn caused it to concentrate Roundup in such a way that the plant avoids the problems.
This concentration of the Roundup however, is to the edible portion of the plant.
(Too bad that the concentration was not into the leaf, roots, etc)
- Female rats died >2X more when eating GMO corn which had been grown with Roundup.
- Male rats did not die as fast as the female rats, but significantly faster than non-GMO rats
- Monsanto had said that Roundup was "safe as table salt" Nope!!
This study does not show a problem with GMO corn, but just the problem of GMO corn grown with Roundup..
This study does not show a problem with GMO food either – but does raise some serious suspicions about what else the public had not being told.
PDF is attached at the bottom of this page
- Mother Jones
- John Gault
- CBS News
- First-Ever Lifetime Feeding Study Finds Genetically Engineered Corn Causes Massive Tumors, Organ Damage, and Early Death Mercola
Includes link to an hour long video of problems with Glyphosate - and a link to the transcript of the video
Journal Retraction of Séralini GMO-Cancer Study Is Illicit, Unscientific, and Unethical
After a former Monsanto Employee was hired to the editorial board of the journal
Apparently the only thing wrong with the paper was that it failed to show the tumors on the control rats. Data was fine
Interesting publication 6 months before Monsanto Targets the Heart of Science: The Goodman Affair
- Photographic Adventure Reveals the Frightening Deadness of Genetically Engineered Corn Field Mercola Jan 2013
colony collapse disorder with bees
- Glyphosate at Wikipedia = Roundup
The EPA considers glyphosate to be noncarcinogenic and relatively low in toxicity.
'The EPA considered a "worst case" dietary risk model of an individual eating a lifetime of food derived entirely from glyphosate-sprayed fields with residues at their maximum levels.
- The Tide Turns: Monsanto's GM Corn Suspended In Russia Green Info Sept 2012
- Is GMO Farming Poisoning The World's Drinking Water? Green Info June 2012
- Roundup Herbicide Linked To Overgrowth of Deadly Bacteria Green Info Dec 2012
- Roundup Herbicide Linked To Parkinson's-Related Brain Damage Green Info April 2012
- Off topic: Roundup may be source of many medical problem increases - April 2013 same author
- Summary of studies by the same author - attached at bottom of this page
Category page = Glyphosate
10 most-visited pages in Glyphosate category in VitaminDWiki
- Promoting Pesticide Resistance Union of Concerned Scientists - US]
"Monsanto's RoundupReady and Bt technologies lead to resistant weeds and insects that can make farming harder and reduce sustainability"
- Bacillus Thuringiensis, Bugs, and Humans
"It has been used as a pesticide for decades and is approved for organic production, due to the fact that it occurs naturally in the soil and doesn’t persist in the environment long after spraying."
"Field corn, cotton, potatoes, and sweet corn are now genetically-modified with Bt genes."
"Since 2009, farmers in Iowa growing genetically-modified crops have found Bt-resistant corn rootworms."
"There are now 21 weed species resistant to Monsanto’s herbicide Roundup"
" Now the makers of this seed are stacking up to six different genes – Bt genes and glyphosate-tolerant genes – into one corn plant. "
- New Study Proves Bt Toxins in GMOs Toxic to Mammalian BloodGreenMedInfo May 2013
hemotoxic even at the lowest level of 27ppm administered only one time and one day