Vitamin D is a great way to quickly strengthen an immune system
Vitamin D fights many enveloped viruses like Ebola
Only a strong immune system allows people to survive Ebola
A vitamin D strengthened immune systems should:
Increase how many will never get an Ebola symptom
Decrease how many will die of Ebola
Vitamin D has not (yet) been proven to fight Ebola - that is what we intend to do
There has been 1 suspected vitamin D death in the last decade in the entire world
There could be 1,000 Ebola deaths if wait for "proof" from a trial.
Doctors and researchers contacted uniformly said vitamin D might help and it certainly would not hurt.
Give 400,000 IU of vitamin D 12,000 people per week (1,000 bottles of 50,000 IU Vitamin D)
VIA such channels as
- Contact workers - where the household already has/had an Ebola infection
- Home Care Kit distribution
- Churches (which provides the best vocal instruction - essential for a population with low literacy)
Can ramp up the manufacturing to 120,000 per week fairly quickly
The limitation is that the doses should be individually packaged by either
- Putting eight small 50,000 IU capsules in a small bag/bottle
- Manufacturing a large 400,000 IU capsule
Note about children: 400,000 IU will raise the vitamin D levels of many children to > 100 ng/mL
While many researchers feel that it is desirable to not have the levels so high,
it is far more desirable that the children do not die of Ebola.
It is difficult to:
- Distribute different dose sizes
- Communicate how many capsules each member of a family should take.
(Only about half of West Africa is literate)
Ebola a rare disease with extremely little research. No known research on Ebola and Vitamin D
There is, however, a lot of data of Vitamin D and prevention and/or treatment of other viruses:
H1N1, Herpes simplex, Cold sore, Shingles, Chickenpox, Influenza, Epstein-Barr, Hepatitis B, HIV Dengue
Yellow fever, Measles, Mumps, Smallpox, MERS (Middle East Respiratory. Syndrome), West Nile Virus
- All items in category Virus
- Four antiviral strategies – includes vitamin D – Vasquez Dec 2014
- Vitamin D can inhibit enveloped virus (e.g. Herpes, Zoster, Epstein, Hepatitis, Ebola) – March 2011
- Influenza of 1918 and vitamin D - July 2010
- Overview Influenza and vitamin D
- Influenza A: 5X reduction in first month (only) with 2,000 IU of vitamin D– RCT July 2014
- Search VitaminDWiki for H1N1 (another enveloped virus) 55 items as of Oct 2014
- Influenza reduced in schoolchildren by 1.7 with just 1200 IU D3
- Hepatitis-C 2X reduction with Calcidiol
- Major interactions between Vitamin D, Vitamin A, and Influenza – Sept 2013
Influenza is strongly associated with having too little Vitamin D and too much Vitamin A:
Sunlight both increases Vitamin D and decreases Vitamin A (by oxidation)
- Acute Lower Respiratory Infections in Children - associated with low vitamin D – meta-analysis Dec 2014
Note concerning deaths due to Influenza or Pneumonia: Sierra Leone has the 7th worst death rate in the world, Liberia has the 15th worst death rate
- Colds and flu - Overview
- Influenzas – both seasonal and pandemic – increase in the winter (low vitamin D) – Dec 2010
graphs of Influenzas increase in winter - both pandemic and seasonal
- Search VitaminDWiki for “Herpes simplex” OR “cold sore” OR “varicella-zoster” OR Shingles OR cytomegalovirus OR Epstein-Barr OR “Hepatitis B” OR retrovirus OR HIV OR Dengue OR “Yellow fever” OR “Measles” OR Mumps OR smallpox OR EBOLA 1850 items as of Oct 2014
Differences between Enveloped and nonenveloped virus good description, not in VitaminDWiki
by the way: NON enveloped viruses include Enterovirus D68, rotavirus
- Ebola, Vitamin D, and Calcium – Sept 22, 2014 Translated from German by Google
Recommends Mg, Ca, Vitamin K2 and Vitamin D
but far too little vitamin D to make a difference, 400 IU - but that is how much Germany recommends
Vitamin D quickly cures H1N1- Might it fight Ebola?: Sept 5, 2014
Dr. Gerry Schwalfenberg email to a Vitamin D newsgroup
- I have been thinking a lot about the Ebola crisis
- My understanding is that the virus is an encapsulated virus (enveloped (covered) RNA virus) and I wonder if it has the Protein associated molecular pattern (PAMP)that will trigger the vitamin D cascade that results in the transcription of antimicrobial peptides (AMP) using the innate immune system to kill the virus.
- I have used 50,000IU for one or two days in H1N1 and had patients report back to me that they were completely well within 48 hours in all patients who did this.
- I know of another physician who did the same with similar results.
- What about using 100,000 IU of vitamin D daily for two days, early in the disease to aid our own natural defenses and possibly shut down the disease.
- Vitamin D also reduces the over reaction of our immune system that often kills the patient
- ANY THOUGHTS? Gerry No known reply to his email
Reduced viral respiratory tract infections by half by having more than 38 ng of vitamin D – June 2010 which has the following chart
Note: 400,000 IU of vitamin D will raise vitamin D levels of most people to >40 ng
- Vitamin D and Immune Function – Review July 2013
- Vitamin D probably can prevent and treat TB and infectious diseases – 2012
- An update on vitamin D and human immunity – March 2012
- Immune system improvement by vitamin D is boosted by resveratrol and blueberries – Sept 2013
- but it probably takes many months for those to strengthen the immune system this way
- All items in Immunity and Vitamin D
- Vitamin D patent for treating immune system diseases 2008
The patent is a good indication that Vitamin D actually works with immune systems
The patent is one reason why Vitamin D has not been avertised for immune systems - probably have to pay royalities
WHO: Ebola transmission 'intense' in Sierra Leone Associated Press
The WHO reported Nov 19? vs Guinea 72%
- Rainy Season (similar to winter) ==> people outdoors less ==> less vitamin D generated
Note Vitamin D lowest in summer in some tropical countries
- Poor sanitation in slums ==> vitamin D is consumed by inflammation, etc.
- Women want whiter skins ==> stay out of the sun ==> Reduce Vitamin D
- Pregnancy ==> often drops the vitamin D levels considerably
Note: not a single pregnant woman has survived Ebola
- Fear of Ebola ==>Stress ==> consumes vitamin D
- Stresses of unemployment, friends dying ==> stressful ==> consumes vitamin D
- Working long hours (health care workers) ==> stress ==> lowers immune system
- |Soft drinks ==> reduce Calcium ==> lowers Vitamin D
- Smoking (Africa is a huge growing market) ==> reduces Calcium ==> consumes vitamin D
- Atmospheric pollution in cities==> reduced vitamin D generated
- Vitamin D levels have dropped in half in two decades
Many reasons why vitamin D deficiency has become epidemic describes 34 reasons and has the following chart
Ebola outbreak in Monrovia is closely associated with heavy rains ==> people not getting the sunshine vitamin
Table of Contents for the rest of the Ebola page
- Cremations (now required) may be the reason for reduced "reported" Liberian deaths
- West Point slum in Liberia with huge Ebola outbreak is being quarantined - Nov 2
- Rainy season ending in Liberia, vitamin D levels rising, Ebola declining
- US military leaving Liberia via Italy are being put into quarantine- Oct 27
- Misc Ebola
- See also web on Ebola
- Ebola tester which uses essence of blood cells in paper - 30 minute test
- Possible Ebola TREATMENTS - some might provide prevention
- Clinics overwhelmed - majority of the infectious have to return home - Oct 2014
- Doctors without Borders
- Medical supply needs of Liberia as of Oct 15
This page was last updated: Sunday May 1, 2016 23:36:47 UTC.
URL = WWW.VITAMINDWIKI.COM/EBOLA
- Ebola cremation ruling prompts secret burials in Liberia Guardian Oct 27
Treatment centres half-empty as families keep infected at home to avoid presidential decree that Ebola victims must be cremated
Cremation violates values and cultural practices in the western African country.
The order has so disturbed people that the sick are often kept at home and, if they die, are being secretly buried, increasing the risk of more infections.
President Ellen Johnson Sirleaf decreed in August that the bodies of Ebola victims in the Monrovia area be cremated.
there won’t be a place to honour deceased relatives. Nor are the relatives permitted to be at the cremation or get the ashes
Sierra Leone has not ordered cremations.Their Ebola treatment units are often full.
- In Liberian slum, Ebola quarantine magnifies misery USA Today Nov 2
- estimates put the population of West Point at 75,000
- In West Point, people live close together in wooden and corrugated metal shacks, often sleeping dozens to a room, on blankets on a mud floor
- Most don't have toilets — there are four communal ones in the entire slum
WHO data of Ebola daily growth - on Wikipedia
3%/day = Ebola double every 24 days
0.5%/day = Ebola double every 144 days =~ half year = very slow growth
Monrovia rainfall Sept & Oct: = 750 mm/month = about 1 inch per day average
Monrovia Average Monthly Rainfall BBC has the following bar chart
Now that the Liberian sun is coming back I expect that the Ebola growth rate will become negative sometime in Nov.
End of rainy season for Liberia: More sun, Less disease
Which is a play on the words for our video: Does Less Sun Mean More Disease?
Note: West Africa has so much rain that the skin colors are less black.
Recall: Vitamin D levels are low during pregnancy. From Wikipedia: "no reported cases of pregnant mothers and unborn babies surviving Ebola in Sierra Leone.
Thus it appears: Low vitamin D (due to pregnancy ==> poor immune system ==> Ebola wins
- Were met by Carabinieri in full hazmat suits.
- 11 soldiers as of Oct 26, 30 more soldiers expected Oct 27 (unless they go via some other country)
- The soldiers being monitored include Maj. Gen. Darryl Williams who was the commander of the U.S. Army in Africa
- The soldiers are confined to a building and unable to see their families
- A 25-bed hospital in Monrovia, Liberia's capital, should be fully operational in the first week of November.
Note: Liberia says that they need 3200 beds, The new hospital will supply < 1% of the number needed
Influenza of 1918 and vitamin D - July 2010
Surgeon General of Mass in 1918 noticed that infected people getting more sunlight had a better outcome
They had set up overflow tents outside of the hospital
- Obama allowed selective calling up of people in National Guard Oct 17
- National Guard has many doctors, since they pay off up to $240,000 of medical student loans
A great deal for doctors normally - just a weekend a month and get medical loan paid off - and unlikely that the troup will be activated Joining the National Gualrd is not such a great deal now - might be forced to go to West Africa.
- Video Diary: Chernor Bah on Ebola's Toll in Sierra Leone EbolaDeeply Oct 31
The poor generally die of preventable causes. They are the people most caught up in this (Ebola)
Schools are closed, business is down, but churches are full.
Religion plays a pretty central role in Sierra Leone. (Perhaps pass out vitamin D at churches?)
Sierra Leone has a literacy rate of about 35%, according to UNESCO, which I think is a pretty conservative figure.
- The Ebola Virus Explained — How Your Body Fights For Survival Excellent Video, Nov 6
Gives a good reason the immune system needs to be strong BEFORE an Ebola appears
- NPR Aug 2014
Ebola quickly shuts down an imune system, and causes a cytokine storm
- CDC Ebola factoids are questioned Natural News Oct 2014
WHO says this strain of Ebola can be transmitted by indirect contact
CDC says the 1976 Ebola strain required direct contact, thus this strain must require contact
(CDC update Oct 27: 3 foot range)
- Ebola patients might be able to spread the virus before they are "symptomatic" - quote by person who oversaw the Army's research on Ebola,
- CDC assumes this Ebola strain = 1976 strain - the current strain might have very different characteristics
- Every person who has survived Ebola has done so only because their own immune system saved them.
So why isn't the CDC recommending that people take steps to boost their immune function in anticipation of possible exposure?
- Responses to the Ebola virus epidemic in West Africa WikiPedia, constantly updated
- Face to Face with Ebola NEJM only 40 minutes in bio-suit.pdf NEJM, download from VitaminDWiki
Clinical features and pathobiology of Ebolavirus infection - Sept 2014.pdf Journal of Autoimmunity
- Ebola numbers appear dire Oct 11, 2014
The current assumption is that for every four known Ebola cases, about six more go unreported.
- CNN details of Ebola in humans - excellent 2 minute cartoon Oct 13, 2014
- Ebola: Everything You Need To Know Right Now Oct 16
Nice overview of viruses in general, Ebola specifics
- Ebola Might Be Sexually Transmitted Sept
Ebola virus DNA is still in the semen for up to seven weeks after symptoms are over. Making love = perhaps making death? For HIV - the statistics have been 1 infection per 200 to 2,000 for vaginal intercourse - unknown statistics for Ebola
- For Ebola Survivors, Sex Carries Added Risk Wall St. Journal Nov 3
After survivng Ebola a woman returned home and had sex - he died about 2 weeks later.
- 4000 Deaths And Counting: The Ebola Epidemic In 4 Charts Forbes Oct 13
- Best Defense Against Ebola Virus Dr. Zaidi - before Oct 2014
Reduce Stress, Sleep, Good nutrition, minimize exercise, get Vitamin D: 5000 I.U. per 100 Lbs. of body weight (no mention of loading dose)
- Ask Well: Can You Get Ebola From a Toilet Seat? NYT Oct 28
Yes if an infectious person had recently used it
Especially if it is a "modern" toilet which creates a mist of droplets that can splash onto the face and hands or may contaminate stall surfaces
- Newsletter: H1N1 flu and vitamin D Vitamin D Council May 2009
" . . if you get this flu, take 2,000 IU per kg of body weight per day for a week".
"As I weigh 220 pounds, I would take 200,000 IU per day for seven days if I thought I had an infection with a 1918-like influenza virus"
- How Your Immune System Works HowStuffWorks The immune system protects you in 3 different ways:
- It creates a barrier that prevents bacteria and viruses from entering your body.
- If a bacteria or virus does get into the body, the immune system tries to detect and eliminate it before it can make itself at home and reproduce.
- If the virus or bacteria is able to reproduce and start causing problems, your immune system is in charge of eliminating it.
Download the PDF from VitaminDWiki.
Death rate vs age: 74% < 15 years, 69% 15-45 years, 85% > 45 years 10 reasons why seniors need more vitamin D
- Dogs (like many other animals) can be Ebola carriers and not have any symptoms Sept 2014
So the dog of the nurse in Spain was killed (Oct 2014), just in case it had an Ebola infection
- The head of the World Bank is sending $400 million to fight Ebola New Your Times Oct 14
Of the $200 Million which was allocated by the World Bank to fight Ebola in mid August over $100 million got to West Africa in 9 days - impressive
VitaminDWiki sent short emails to Dr. Kim Oct 14, Oct 30 - telling him of our effort to prevent an Ebola pandemic
Update Oct 29 -World Bank has now allocated total of $500 million
- Zuckerberg, Wife Donate $25M to CDC for Ebola ABC News Oct 14
- China sending 480-700 Medical Miltary to fight Ebola WSJ Oct 31
Expect to have a 100 bed Ebola Treatment center in Liberia running in 30 days (vs 60+ days for the US)
- Excellent short video of a doctor putting on protective clothing - NYT Oct 17
Video is about 2 minutes long, the procedure took 13 minutes
Note: it is so hot that the doctors rarely stay suited up for more than 90 minutes at a time - typically 35 minutes
- Video of person getting into the inferior CDC protective clothing CBS Oct 17
- These scientific studies show that airport Ebola screenings are largely ineffective Washington Post Oct 31
Austraila H1N1 screenings - delayed 5845 passengers due to elevated temperatures, of which only 3 had the virus
But the screenings were estimated to have missed 45 passengers which had H1N1
- How to conduct safe and dignified burial of a patient who has died from suspected or confirmed Ebola virus disease - WHO Oct, 2014
seems to nicely respect social and religious concerns - both Christian and Moslem (note - not cremation, as required in Liberia currently)
Download the PDF from VitaminDWiki.
Can Better Design Stop Ebola? How Creative Minds Can Help Fast Company Oct 22
sticky colored chlorine bleach- can see coverage, it stays in place
Duct tape removal tabs
“inverse” personal protection suit to be worn by the infected individual
friendly aprons with West African-inspired prints, so that workers in hazmat suits seem less scary and intimidating
they allow you to suggest solutions on-line
-  PLOS One study Oct 16 - attached
About 1% chance that it can be longer than 30 days
It appears that the CDC incubation time is based on an outbreak 38 years ago
Press release for the study
-  WHO Ebola Response Team report of Sept 2014
which shows 1 - 42 days from contact till showing symptoms (mean = 11 days, 95% < 21 days)
Interesting that both WHO and CDC ignore this data and claim that the max is 21 days
Also from WHO Response Team report: 13% of Ebola infectious people never had a fever
- Interview with Ebola Discoverer Peter Piot September 22, 2014 in DER SPIEGEL.
- 'In 1976 I discovered Ebola - now I fear an unimaginable tragedy' tThe Guardian (UK) Oct 4, 2014
- Peter Piot home page Director of the School and a Professor of Global Health.
He apparently believes that Vitamin D might be able to fight Ebola
VitaminDWiki sent Dr. Piot emails on Oct 6, Oct 14, Oct 19, Oct 29 - no reply
- Ebola discoverer: 'Without a vaccine I’m not sure we can stop Ebola’ Oct 20
“In 38 years we had maybe 1,500 deaths – say 40 a year. That is not a public health crisis.
“Actually, I thought this outbreak was dying out in May, in Guinea. Then a famous woman, a traditional healer, died, and at her funeral hundreds of people touched the body. Then there was this explosion in three countries.”
- Small device can test for Ebola in 15 minutes Aug 2014
- CEO of the company had previously lead the team that made the 800 pound gorilla of testers in the past which are now used in CDC facilities
- The price for the device is $3,000 to $5,000 and the cost of a test per patient is about $25 dollars.
- Research paid by Homeland Security - and updated Oct 10, 2014
- Microfluidics provides Real-time PCR (polymerase chain reaction) chemistry
- Unfortunately it is not (currently) expected to be at airports for 2 years
- Apparently PCR test can detect Ebola with good confidence 3 days AFTER symptoms
- Larger PCR testers NYT
3 /1000 false positives (incorrectly saying that Ebola was present),
4 / 1000 false negatives (failed to detect Ebola)
- Unknown: # of testers needed to test say 600 people per hour. 100?
- Hopefully it is now on a fast-track to get deployed soon.
- Testing of pre-symtomatic Ebola patients published in Lancet (2000) is interesting (reported in NYT Oct 12, 2014)
4/11 false negatives, 0/13 false positives -
Thus some infected people would be missed - but about 60% would be detected - Which is far better than if there were no testing
Dr. Bob Garry is a Virologist who previously developed the test for the Lassa virus
CNN interview of Dr. Garry Oct 10, 2014
Nanomx is developing the test - which can be also distinguish between Lassa, Ebola, and Dengue viruses
Nanomix_AACC_poster.pdf download from VitaminDWiki
- It’s a toaster-sized box called Film Array, produced by a company called BioFire, a subsidiary of bioMérieux
- PCR in under an hour, costs about $39,000
- Current FDA guidelines would not have allowed Dallas Presbyterian Hospital to get that kit. (for Ebola)
- But unless hospitals agree to use the machine specifically for research purposes, rather than actually diagnosing patients with Ebola, they can’t look for Ebola in samples.
UPDATE Oct 25: FDA permits Film Array use to test for Ebola.- emergency authorization
Harvard Press Release Oct 23
no electricity needed, very low cost. tests blood or saliva
Press release has extensive descripiton, a video, study published in the journal Cell
Early prototype: no ndication of accuracy (false positives or false negatives)
No indication of how injectious a person must be, (typical PRT tests apparently are not accurate until 2nd day of symptoms)
Teatment possible, but have found no claim/hint that Vitamin C can PREVENT Ebola
- Dr. Gerry Schwalfenberg Oct 6, 2014
Vitamin C has been shown to work for dengue fever and a couple of the nasty viruses.
My suspicion is that you need both for Eboli
- Surprising solution for Ebola virus Dr Thomas Levy, Aug 3 2014
He has a LOT of information on high dose vitamin C - including use to TREAT Ebola
Lots of interesting reader comments
- High Doses of Vitamin C Could Rid the Body of the Ebola Virus NaturalSociety Oct 5, 2014
- Can Vitamin C Cure Ebola? GreenMedInfo Sept 17, 2014 >10 grams per day
- Mega-dose vitamin C kills the Ebola virus
The WHO and CDC know that ebola kills by depleting the body of all vitamin C. So why are the WHO and the CDC not reassuring the world that vitamin C cures ebola by resupplying what the body lost?
The very first symptoms of ebola are exactly the same as scurvy,which is caused by inadequate vitamin C.
To date, not a single virus has been tested that is not inactivated (killed) by a large enough dose of vitamin C (ascorbic acid).
- Ebola and Marburg Virus Orthomolecular Medicine - huge amount of information on Vitamin C and some on Ebola
My experience with giving massive doses of ascorbic acid orally to over 30,000 patients and with giving intravenous sodium ascorbate to over 2,000 patients would indicate that with Ebola and other viral hemorrhagic fever diseases that intravenous sodium ascorbate should be used in doses beginning with at least 180 grams per 24 hours.
- YouTiube has hundreds of videos on Vitamin C CURING Ebola Large dose, intravenous, or liposomal
- Guest view: Could Ebola patients be helped by Vitamin C? Oct 18 DR. DAVE MCCARTHY
- Dr. Levy Oct 19 update
The human body is not used to massive doses of vitamin C
Taken orally, it appears that normal Vitamin C would have to be taken >10 times per day
Vitamin C could also be taken intravenously.
In both cases I suspect that medical observation would be needed to look for resulting imbalances in the body
There are, however, VERY FEW medical personnel in many countries concerned with Ebola
Example: Liberia has the same population as Kentucky, but has 400X fewer doctors
Have yet (Oct 6) to see ANY data to support the claim that Ebola consumes vitamin C
Have not seen any indication that massive vitamin C can PREVENT Ebola
Some have just a single ingredient, most have many combinations
- BEST IMMUNE SYSTEM SUPPLEMENTS 10 - updated Oct 29
Ways that each supplment helps:: Helps Prevent Getting Sick, Improves Resistance to Germs, Faster Recovery from illness,
Helps Body Fight off Stress, Helps Reduce Free Radicals, Helps White Blood Cells
- Top 10 Supplements for a Healthy Immune System for 2014
- Red Algae Extract Fights Ebola ... and HIV, SARS and HCV GreenMedInfo Oct 2014
Summary after a quick read:
1) 30% of people infected with Ebola did not get symptoms a decade ago
2) Those people had developed antibodies via mechanism called mannose-binding lectins and griffithsin
3) Red marine algae also produces griffithsin
4) Tests were made giving a recombinate form both before and after giving Ebola to mice ,
5) More mice survived Ebola in both cases.
So: it appears that red marine algae might both prevent Ebola and as well as treat early stage Ebola.
Noticed that there were > 190 suppliers of red marine algae supplements on Amazon (US) - Oct 2014
None of the suppliers seem to provide % ingredient information on Amazon - need to do some research
Have no idea if 1 gram or 100 grams of the stuff is needed
Have no idea if it takes months to build up the immune system with red marine algae
Basically - lots and lots of unknowns
Appears that Glutathoine used to be much more prevalent in the body
Have not had time to evaluate the following items
- EBOLA VIRUS DISEASE: TREATMENT THEORIES BASED ON THE LIVER
- Glutathione – The Mother Of All Antioxidants April 2014
Glutathione is a simple molecule produced naturally in the body at all times. It’s a combination of three building blocks of protein or amino acids — cysteine, glycine and glutamine.
- Ebola and Glutathoine The Glutathione Blog
The Oct. 2013 issue of Biochemistry suggests that GSH can protect us, but not as an antioxidant. Rather, as a cheating agent.
GSH removes excess zinc which Ebola needs to propagate. Since it does not kill everyone, it stands to reason that immunity plays a role. Improve yours today.
- Amazon US glutathione 2500 items as of Oct 2014
- Major unknowns at this time: 1) How much is needed, 2) How many weeks/month to build up, 3) How well might it fight Ebola
Ozone Therapy: A Possible Answer to Ebola? Mercola Oct 26
- Dr. Robert Rowen who is a leading expert on oxidative therapy,
- has video and transcript
- ozone actually disinfects 10 times faster than chlorine. It’s the most powerful natural oxidant in the world.
- Ozone also has the advantage of stimulating the immune system, and modulating it—either up or down depending on what your system requires.
- “Ozone is only hard on the lungs, but it can be given in other ways. It can be given intravenously.
It can be given in the bladder, in the vagina, in the rectum, via injection – anywhere. It’s just [that] it can be tough on the lungs. You don’t want to be breathing it...
- Ozone therapy: A clinical review Jan 2011 full text on-line
- Treating Ebola:and other Infectious Diseases with Natural Allopathic Medicine Ebook Dr. Sircus . $20 Sept 2014?
using Sodium Bicarbonate, Glutathione, Selenium, Magnesium, Vitamin C, and Vitamin D
- A few paragraphs in Mercola Nov 4, 2014
- A Selenium protocol was being trialed to treat Ebola by ELWA in Liberia in Sept 2014 Video Oct 2014
Also: Most likely even more people do not even try to go to a clinic, since they expect that they wil be turned away
- Officials Admit a ‘Defeat’ by Ebola in Sierra Leone NYT Oct 10
. . approved plans on Friday to help families tend to patients at home, .
- Home care kits highlight gaps in West Africa's Ebola response Reuters - Oct 20
Protection kits, made up of buckets, chlorine, soap, gloves, a gown and instructions
Doctors Without Borders:>50,000 kits to patients turned away from hospitals etc
Also mentioned were the aid organizations UNICEF and Samaritan's Purse.
- Previously reported New effort to fight Ebola in Liberia would move infected patients out of their homes Washington Post Sept 22
- According to a WHO report released on 19 September,
Sierra Leone is meeting only 25% of its need for patient beds, and
Liberia is meeting only 20% of its need - WikiPedia e.g.4 out of 5 infected Liberians are turned away
New York Times Oct 11, 2014
Most of its $1.3 billion in donations last year came from private individuals across the globe (expect more donations with Ebola)
Nobel Peace Prize in 1999
The charity sent about 6,000 health, logistics and other experts to 67 countries last year, and hired 30,000 local workers.
Ebola Front-Line Doctors at Breaking Point Bloomberg Oct 19
They have treated almost a third of the roughly 9,000 confirmed Ebola cases in Africa .
- Vitamin D patent for treating immune system diseases 2008