Nutr Neurosci. 2017 Jun;20(5):284-290. doi: 10.1080/1028415X.2015.1123847. Epub 2016 Jan 18.
Feng J1, Shan L1, Du L1, Wang B1, Li H1, Wang W1, Wang T1, Dong H1, Yue X1, Xu Z2, Staal WG3, Jia F1,4,5.
Not as much benefit if > 3 year
- Perhaps need higher dose if more weight?
Autism category in VitaminDWiki starts withAutism category has
- Most Autism Risk factors are associated with low vitamin D - March 2014
- Rickets – 26 percent had autism: no rickets, no autism (both associated with low vitamin D) – June 2015
- Premature birth 2.5X more likely if mother had low vitamin D and was having twins – July 2013
- Autism 3X more likely after closely spaced pregnancy vs 3 year apart– Jan 2011
- Having twins takes more vitamin D - May 2011
Autism treated by Vitamin D
- Autism treated by Vitamin D (monthly injection of 150,000 IU) – June 2017
- Autism decreased in 8 out of 10 children supplemented with vitamin D – April 2015
Autism reduced by vitamins before and during pregnancy
- Autism risk reduced 2X by prenatal vitamins (Vitamin D or Folic) – Feb 2019
- Women who had supplemented with any vitamins were 6 X less likely to have autistic offspring – Jan 2018
- Autism rate cut in half when multivitamins (including vitamin D) used during pregnancy – Oct 2017
- Autism rate in siblings reduced 4X by vitamin D: 5,000 IU during pregnancy, 1,000 IU to infants – Feb 2016
Autism and Vitamin D Receptor (not enough Vit D to the tissues)
Autism - other risk factors
- Autistic symptoms reduced by Vitamin D and or Omega-3 – RCT March 2019
- Omega-3 probably can decrease Autism and ADHD – March 2019
- Autism risk increased if infant had antibiotics (2X), acetaminophen (3X), or no vitamin D drops (1.5X) – June 2018
- 20 X more Parkinson's and 100X more Autism with GMO soy in China
- Note >100X increase in Autism while having GMO soy in the US
Vaccines increase the risk
- Does a vaccine increase the risk of Autism – March 2019
- Autism 2.75 X more likely in Hib vaccines containing Mercury – May 2018
- Autism and ADHD type disorders were 14X more likely in survey of extreme preterm vaccinated infants - April 2017
- Off topic: CDC deleted a 3X increase in black male autism due to vaccination – whistle blowing Aug 2014
Dr. Cannell on Autism and Vitamin D
- Autism treated by Vitamin D (80 – 120 ng) – Cannell update May 2018
- Autism Causes, Prevention and Treatment: Vitamin D Deficiency etc. – Book April 2015 Cannell
- Autism cured in a child with Vitamin D, Dr. Cannell comments and cofactor recommendations – March 2015
- Autism and Vitamin D - Dr. Cannell in Life Extension Mag - Jan 2014
- Autism treated by Vitamin D: Dr. Cannell - video June 2013
- includes his list of 27 reasons to associate Vitamin D with Autism in 2013
- Autism risk factors – many are associated with low vitamin D – meta-meta-analysis March 2017
- Vitamin D and autism - treat: 300 IU per kg per day, prevent: during pregnancy 5,000 IU – Feb 2017
- Autism 4 times more likely if low vitamin D during first trimester – Oct 2016
- Note - Most mothers-to-be who do supplement with Vitamin D do not get a good level until 2nd trimester
- Starting with loading doses gets a good level in weeks instead of months
- Autism and Vitamin D massive review – latitude, season, migration, VitD levels and intervention – April 2016
- Injection category listing has
53 items along with related searches
Injection works well, but is not required
High prevalence of vitamin D deficiency was previously reported in children with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), but little is known about the efficacy of vitamin D3 treatment in ASD, although data from pilot studies seem promising. We hypothesized that serum vitamin D levels are reduced in ASD and correlate with the severity of disease. Also, we hypothesized that vitamin D3 treatment may be beneficial for a considerable portion of children with ASD.
In total, 215 children with ASD and 285 healthy control children were recruited in our study. Thirty seven of 215 ASD children received vitamin D3 treatment. The Autism Behaviour Checklist (ABC) and the Childhood Autism Rating Scale (CARS) were used to assess autism symptoms. High-performance liquid chromatography was used to assess the serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D [25(OH) D] level. Evaluations of ABC, CARS, and serum 25(OH) D levels were performed before and after 3 months of treatment.
Serum levels of 25(OH) D were significantly lower in ASD children than typically developing children. Levels of serum 25(OH) D were negatively correlated with ABC total scores and language subscale scores. After vitamin D3 supplementation, symptom scores were significantly reduced on the CARS and ABC. In addition, the data also suggest that treatment effects were more pronounced in younger children with ASD.
Vitamin D deficiency might contribute to the aetiology of ASD. Supplementation of vitamin D3, which is a safe and cost-effective form of treatment, may significantly improve the outcome of some children with ASD, especially younger children (identifier ChiCTR-CCC-13004498).
CLINICAL TRIAL REGISTRATION:
The trial 'Association of Polymorphisms of Vitamin D Metabolism-Related Genes With Autism and the Treatment of Autism with Vitamin D' has been registered at www.chictr.org/cn/proj/show.aspx? proj=6135 (identifier ChiCTR-CCC-13004498).
PMID: 26783092 DOI: 10.1080/1028415X.2015.1123847Autism treated by Vitamin D (monthly injection of 150,000 IU) – June 2017
2114 visitors, last modified 22 Dec, 2019,This page is in the following categories (# of items in each category)Autism 133 Intervention 640 Intervention - non daily 194 Injection 53
ID Name Comment Uploaded Size Downloads 9455 Autism 3 year.jpg admin 06 Mar, 2018 17:00 15.63 Kb 635 9454 Autism self-help.jpg admin 06 Mar, 2018 17:00 14.47 Kb 583 9453 Autism social.jpg admin 06 Mar, 2018 16:59 15.24 Kb 601 9452 Autism ABC.jpg admin 06 Mar, 2018 16:59 15.57 Kb 663 9451 Autism injection.pdf PDF 2017 admin 06 Mar, 2018 16:50 870.28 Kb 517