Vitamin D and Influenza—Prevention or Therapy?
Int. J. Mol. Sci. 2018, 19(8), 2419; https://doi.org/10.3390/ijms19082419
Beata M. Gruber-Bzura
Department of Biochemistry and Biopharmaceuticals, National Medicines Institute, Str. Chelmska 30/34, 00-725 Warsaw, Poland
- Overview Influenza and vitamin D
- All items in Immunity and Vitamin D
- All items in Virus
- Influenza prevented by 40 ng levels or treated with vitamin D hammer (50,000 IU) – June 2015
- 7X less risk of influenza if Vitamin D levels higher than 30 ng – Oct 2017
- COVID, influenza, hepatitis B, measles, etc. vaccine responses vary with Vitamin D and its receptor
- HIV vaccine effectivity perhaps increased and side effects reduced if higher Vitamin D - Dec 2021
Flu has the following
Vitamin D fights all phases of Influenza
- FACT: Vitamin D PREVENTS Influenza 7X lower risk
- FACT: Vitamin D SUPRESSES Influenza ( Vitamin D Hammer )
- Single dose of 50,000 IU of vitamin D stops Influenza symptoms
- FACT: Vitamin D PREVENTS & SUPRESSES Sepsis which is a rare but deadly consequence of Influenza
- FACT: Vitamin D enhances the activity of vaccines.
- FACT: improves Flu vaccine effectiveness and reduces side effects
- FACT: Vitamin D has virtually no side effects
- but 1 in 300 get people get muscle pain or itching due to lower magnesium levels
- FACT: Vitamin D prevents/suppresses over 120 health problems (left column)
- FACT: Both COVID-19 and Influenza are enveloped viruses
- FACT: Do not take vitamin D if Sarcoidosis, excess Calcium, Chemotherapy
- CONCLUSION To help protect/suppress influenza, take 50,000 IU of Vitamin D once a week
during the flu season if you are an average weight adult
Download the PDF from VitaminDWiki
Vitamin D generates many extraskeletal effects due to the vitamin D receptor (VDR) which is present in most tissues throughout the body. The possible role of vitamin D in infections is implied from its impact on the innate and adaptive immune responses. A significant effect is also the suppression of inflammatory processes. Because vitamin D could be acknowledged as a “seasonal stimulus”, as defined by R. Edgar Hope-Simpson, it would be crucial to prove it from a potential easy and cheap prophylaxis or therapy support perspective as far as influenza infections are concerned.Title change made Aug 2021 caused the visitor count to reset.
The survey of the literature data generates some controversies and doubts about the possible role of vitamin D in the prevention of influenza virus. The most important point is to realise that the broad spectrum of this vitamin’s activity does not exclude such a possibility. According to most of the authors, more randomized controlled trials with effective, large populations are needed to explore the preventive effect of vitamin D supplementation on viral influenza infections.
There have actually been
5467 visitors to this page since it was originally madeVitamin D probably can both prevent Influenza and augment vaccine effectiveness – Aug 2018 2737 visitors, last modified 14 Dec, 2021,This page is in the following categories (# of items in each category)
ID Name Comment Uploaded Size Downloads 13702 Immune System T1.jpg admin 02 Apr, 2020 23:27 343.49 Kb 754 13701 Immune System F2.jpg admin 02 Apr, 2020 23:27 76.22 Kb 734 10588 Vitamin D and Influenza—Prevention or Therapy.pdf PDF 2018 admin 24 Sep, 2018 17:17 1.06 Mb 734
- All items in Virus