- 6+ VitaminDWiki pages have GOMINAK in the title
- A sampling of her many videos
- Dr. Stasha Gominak Discusses Sleep and Vitamin D and B Vitamins - video Nov 2023
- Three Simple Steps for Healthier Sleep: Dr. Stasha Gominak video - Oct 2023
- Vitamin D - Conversation with Neurologist Dr. Stasha Gominak - Vitamin D, Sleep + Headaches Part 1 - video Nov 2022
- How does Vitamin D deficiency and your gut microbiome affect your sleep with Dr. Stasha Gominak video Feb 2023
- Getting Started With RightSleep® (her $99 program)
- VitaminDWiki – Sleep category contains
- VitaminDwiki – Comparing High-dose vitamin D therapies contains her protocol:
- There have been
325 visits to this page
This list is automatically updatedItems found: 6
YouTube 64 minutes
- 1.Recognize that sleep disorders and chronic illness have become pandemic in last 40 years due to behavioral changes producing vitamin D deficiency.
- 2.Recognize that illness and pain may result from inadequate repair during sleep.
- 3.Acknowledge vitamin D as a hormone that is linked to the brainstem control of sleep.
- 4.Be able to summarize how D deficiency leads to B deficiency.
- 5.Understand how to return the microbiome to normal using vitamin D and high dose B’s for three months and why this is so effective.
Vitamin D - Conversation with Neurologist Dr. Stasha Gominak - Vitamin D, Sleep + Headaches Part 1 - video Nov 2022
How does Vitamin D deficiency and your gut microbiome affect your sleep with Dr. Stasha Gominak video Feb 2023
Do you have trouble sleeping or feeling rested after you wake up? Did you know your vitamin D levels are related to sleep?
We discussed the relationships between vitamin D, brain neurotransmitters, the gut and sleep for this week’s episode of the Weekend Wellness Hour Show with Harvard trained neurologist, Dr. Stasha Gominak. Dr. Gominak is recognized as a leader in the new field of neurotransmitter-based treatment of sleep disorders.
Dr. Gominak shared her journey into the world of sleep disorders after focusing on peripheral neuropathy for years. She realized that those with headaches had disruptions in their sleep phases, specifically deep sleep which includes slow deep sleep and REM sleep.
We then discussed how she stumbled on the relationship between vitamin D and poor sleep. She stressed that vitamin D is a hormone produced by skin in response to sun.
Dr. Gominak mentioned the importance of vitamin D in all the body processes, including fertility, hibernation, gut health, bones and so much more. In all her cases where people were not getting quality sleep, their blood vitamin D levels were low.
We dove into the specifics of what are the ideal blood vitamin D levels for someone looking for quality sleep when they’ve had disruptions. She explained that dosage does not equate to blood levels so if you begin a certain dose, you need to regularly check your blood vitamin D levels to see if it has responded appropriately to get you where you need for restful sleep.
She also mentioned the role of B vitamins and the gut microbiome and how both affect the sleep switch in the brain to help us sleep soundly. She highlighted the effect of low vitamin D on the gut microbiome which impacts its ability to make all the B vitamins that impact the brain.
Dr. Gominak has the RightSleep® program that uses over-the-counter vitamins and changes in behavior to improve or normalize your sleep. She works on restoring your proper brain chemistry, and your gut microbiome, so you can experience consistent healing through sleep.
Dr. Gominak practiced Neurology in the San Francisco Bay area from 1991-2004 and then began to dedicate more of her practice to the treatment of sleep and sleep disorders. In 2012 and 2016 she published two pivotal articles about the global struggle with worsening sleep, the possible causes and solutions, related to vitamin D deficiency and the intestinal microbiome.
Please join us to learn how your sleep can be affected by vitamin D deficiency and a disruption of your gut microbiome.
Her RECAP (as of Nov 2023)
RightSleep® is an educational program that uses over-the-counter vitamins and changes in behavior to improve or normalize your sleep. It has worked successfully in over 6000 patients, with all types of sleep disorders, from apnea to insomnia and everything in between.
Though sleep can be restored by addressing deficiencies, RightSleep® is not a one-size-fits all vitamin recipe. Why? Because everyone is different and responds to vitamins and dosing differently.
To successfully participate in RightSleep® you will need:
To do an initial Vitamin D and B12 blood test, as well as regular Vitamin D levels thereafter
Vitamins: D, B50, and a multivitamin and in some cases, B12
To journal your observations as you go. Record how your body is responding, so you can course-correct if needed.
VitaminDWiki – Sleep category contains
96 items in sleep category
A few items in SLEEP category
- Sleep greatly improved by 50,000 IU of vitamin D once every two weeks – RCT Sept 2018
- Sleep problems cured by vitamin D, etc. – workshops and patient workbooks – Gominak 2018
- Sleeps disorders nicely treated by Vitamin D (50,000 IU twice a month) – RCT May 2017
- Restless Legs Syndrome dramatically reduced by vitamin D, etc
- Iron deficiency is a cause of Vitamin D deficiency Depression
- On the job sleepiness 2.2X more likely if low vitamin D – Feb 2020
- Poor sleep 1.5 X more likely if less than 20 ng of Vitamin D – Feb 2019
- The Better Sleep Vitamin (Vitamin D) – nice 3 dollar book Feb 2015
- The worse the sleep apnea, the lower the vitamin D levels – meta-analysis 2017, 2020
- Sleep Apnea patients – 98 percent had low vitamin D – Feb 2016
- Vitamin D for better sleep video - Dec 2021
- 5X increase in sleep problems in a decade in US Veterans
VitaminDwiki – Comparing High-dose vitamin D therapies contains her protocol:
books 2018 2016
Dr. Gominak Mr. Batcheller Dr. Bredsen
End of Alz.
Health problem Multiple Sclerosis
sleep, flu, pain,
Sleep Cluster, Migraine
Park. being added
Number of people
5,000 5,000 8,000
>1,000 ? Vitamin D target PTH is target
typ: 150ng of D
100-140+ ng 60-80 ng PTH is target
typ: 80 ng of D
40-60 ng Vitamin D daily dose
(K = 1,000 IU)
20K - 200K
30K 2K + monthly
dose until goal
4K - 40K
? Omega-3 * O-3 O-3 - - - O-3 O-3 Magnesium * Mg Mg - - - Mg (400 mg) - Vitamin K2 K2 (no longer?) K2 - - - K2 - Vitamin B... B2, B9, B12 B3 B50-B100
B50 B12 Zinc * Zn - - - Zn - Boron *? B - - - B - Calcium
Minimize rock-based Ca
Decrease Ca - - - Ca - Vitamin A
avoid A avoid A - - - A - Other Choline
- - - Co-Q 10 - Loading dose
Days instead of months
- - - - - - - - - Loading
There have been
325 visits to this pageSleep, Dr. Gominak and Vitamin D - several studies 164 visitors, last modified 23 Nov, 2023,This page is in the following categories (# of items in each category)
- There have been