Table of contents
- End of Alzheimers books. publications, web - Dale Bredesen
- ReCODE: The Reversal of Cognitive Decline = Mercola 2017
- 4 Alzheimer’s Subtypes
- Alzheimer’s Screening Tests
- Nov 2021 email from End of Alz organization - details and pricing
- Bredesen protocol and Parkinson's
- VitaminDwiki - Overview Alzheimer's-Cognition and Vitamin D start with
- See also VitaminDWiki
- Cognitive category starts with the following
- See also web
- The End of Alzheimer's: The First Program to Prevent and Reverse Cognitive Decline Aug 2017
- The End of Alzheimer's Program: The First Protocol to Enhance Cognition and Reverse Decline at Any Age - with David Perlmutter Aug 18, 2020
- The First Survivors of Alzheimer's: How Patients Recovered Life and Hope in Their Own Words - Aug 17, 2021
- Transcriptional Effects of ApoE4: Relevance to Alzheimer's Disease June 2018
- Reversal of cognitive decline in Alzheimer's disease June 2016
- Inhalational Alzheimer's disease: an unrecognized - and treatable - epidemic - 2016
- Neuroprotective Herbs for the Management of Alzheimer’s Disease April 2021 FREE PDF
- Alzheimer’s disease as a systems network disorder: chronic stress/dyshomeostasis, innate immunity, and genetics Free PDF, 2020
- Precision Medicine Approach to Alzheimer’s Disease: Successful Proof-of-Concept Trial May 2021 FREE PDF preprint ALL 25 participants improved
- His active Facebook page
- his website "ReCODE Analysis Shows 74% Stabilize or Improve"
- Protocol practioners - US only?
- End of Alzheimer's video and transcript - Oct 2021 100 minutes
- Interview of Dr. Bredesen by Dr. R Patrick Oct 2018
- extensive data, hyperlinks, highlights
- The First Survivors of Alzheimer's: How Patients Recovered Life and Hope in Their Own Words Aug 2021 Amazon $13
- Dr. Gundrie video interview of Dr. Bredesen - including his new book 57 minutes Dec 2021
ReCODE: The Reversal of Cognitive Decline Mercola 2017
- Dr. Dale Bredesen’s ReCODE protocol evaluates 150 factors known to contribute to Alzheimer’s disease. This identifies your disease subtype or combination of subtypes, and an effective treatment protocol can be devised
- Type 1 Alzheimer’s is primarily caused by inflammatory factors; type 2 involves atrophic responses; type 1.5 is a mix of inflammation and atrophy, and type 3 is primarily caused by toxic exposures
- Only 5 percent of Alzheimer’s cases are “familial” Alzheimer’s disease, a genetic condition that causes early onset Alzheimer’s; the rest are caused by lifestyle factors over which we have a great deal of control; hence, we have the ability to improve or even reverse most cases of the disease
Includes interview and transcript of Dr. Bredesen, author
While these classifications have not become widely accepted yet, Bredesen has published two papers on Alzheimer’s subtypes, based on metabolic profiling.4 These include:
- 1. Type 1, inflammatory (“hot”) Alzheimer’s: Patients present predominantly inflammatory symptoms. They have high-sensitivity C-reactive protein, interleukin 6 and tumor necrosis factor alpha, reflecting a chronic inflammatory state. When the NF-ĸB part of inflammation is activated, it also alters gene transcription. Two of the genes turned “on” are beta-secretase and gamma-secretase, the latter of which cleaves APP, thereby promoting synaptoclastic processes.
- 2. Type 1.5, glycotoxic (sugar-toxic, “sweet, a mixed subtype: This is an in-between subtype that involves both inflammation and atrophy processes, due to insulin resistance and glucose-induced inflammation.
- 3. Type 2, atrophic or “cold”Alzheimer’s: This is classified as patients presenting an atrophic response. While a completely different mechanism from inflammation, it produces the same end result — it pushes APP in the direction of creating amyloid plaques and Alzheimer’s cell signaling.
- 4. Type 3, toxic (“vile”) Alzheimer’s: These are patients with toxic exposures. Many will have chronic inflammatory response syndrome (CIRS) markers, even though most do not fit the official criteria for CIRS. “They act like CIRS patients (in their labs, not necessarily symptoms) with dementia,” Bredesen explains.
Sections of the article include
- If You’re ApoE4 Positive, Fasting Is Strongly Indicated to Avoid Alzheimer’s
- Mitochondrial Dysfunction Is at the Heart of Alzheimer’s
- The ReCODE protocol evaluates 150 different variables, including biochemistry, genetics and historical imaging, to determine which factors are most likely driving the disease.
|Ferritin ( Iron )||40 to 60 ng/mL|
|GGT||<16 U/L for men and < 9 U/L for women|
|25-hydroxy vitamin D||40 to 60 ng/mL|
|High-sensitivity CRP||<0.9 mg/L|
|Fasting Insulin||< 4.5 mg/dL|
|Omega-3 index and |
Omega 6:3 ratio
|Omega-3 index > 8 %|
|TNF alpha||< 6.0|
|TSH||Less than 2.0 microunits/mL|
|Free T3||3.2-4.2 pg/mL|
|Reverse T3||<20 ng/mL|
|Free T4||1.3-1.8 ng/mL|
|Serum copper and zinc ratio||0.8-1.2|
|Serum selenium||110-150 ng/mL|
|Vitamin E (alpha tocopherol)||12-20 mcg/mL|
|Body mass index||18-25|
|ApoE4 (DNA test)||See how many alleles you have: 0, 1 or 2|
|Hemoglobin A1c||Less than 5.5|
- Dr. Dale Bredesen & Karl Sterling Discuss “The End of Alzheimer’s Program” Video July 2021
- "Sterling, a neurorehabilitation specialist who focuses on Parkinson’s, and Dr. Bredesen discussed the mechanisms behind cognitive decline and the need to “flip the script” on the current approach of treating diseases Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, Lewy Body Dementia, and other forms of neurodegeneration using a precision medicine approach that identifies an individual’s contributors and establishes a treatment plan that reverses symptoms and prevents these diseases"
- 40 minute YouTube video
- Episode 5 – Dr. Dale Bredesen and Dr. Craig Tanio on the Prevention of Cognitive Decline unknown date
- "Today, Dr. Craig Tanio, Dr. Dale Bredesen and I will all be discussing multi-modal approaches to neurocognitive decline, his latest research study on Alzheimer’s disease, his upcoming books, mechanisms into Alzheimer’s disease, ALS, Parkinson’s disease, macular degeneration, and much more."
- The First Survivors of Alzheimer's by Dr. Dale Bredesen Aug 2021
- "...the potential for adapting the successful Alzheimer's protocol to other diseases such as Parkinson's disease and macular degeneration"
- REVERSAL OF ALZHEIMER’S DISEASE WITH DR. DALE BREDESEN: RATIONAL WELLNESS PODCAST 209 May 2021
26:31 The conditions that are associated with cognitive decline include the following:
- . Alzheimer’s disease, the most common form.
- . Lewy Body Disease.
- Vascular dementia.
- Normal pressure hydrocephalus. etc.
- Frontotemporal dementia,
- LATE. Limbic-predominant age-associated TDP-43 encephalopathy.
- Multiple Sclerosis.
- PSP. Progressive supranuclear palsy.
- Corticobasal degeneration.
- CTE, which is chronic traumatic encephalopathy.
- TBI. Traumatic brain injury.
- Post-COVID-19 related encephalopathy? Long haul?
VitaminDwiki - Overview Alzheimer's-Cognition and Vitamin D start with
- FACT: Cognitive decline is 19X more likely if low vitamin D
- FACT: Dementia is associated with low vitamin D levels.
- FACT: Alzheimer’s 21 % more likely if low vitamin D
- FACT: Alzheimer's Disease is 4X less likely if high vitamin D
- FACT: Every single risk factor listed for Alzheimer's Disease is also a risk factor for low vitamin D levels
- FACT: Elderly cognition gets worse as the elderly vitamin D levels get even lower (while in senior homes)
- OBSERVATION: Reports of increased vitamin D levels result in improved cognition
- OBSERVATION: Alzheimer’s patients 3X more likely to have a malfunctioning vitamin D receptor gene – 2012
- OBSERVATION: Alzheimer's Disease has been seen to halt when vitamin D was added.
- OBSERVATION: Alzheimer’s is associated with all 7 of the genes which restrict vitamin D
- OBSERVATION: 39 vitamin D and Alz. or Cognition intervention trials as of Sept 2018
- OBSERVATION: 2 Meta-analysis in 2012 agreed that Alzheimer's Disease. associated with low vitamin D
- OBSERVATION: 50X increase in Alzheimer's while decrease in vitamin D
- OBSERVATION: Vitamin D reduces Alzheimer’s disease in 11 ways
- OBSERVATION: Alzheimer’s cognition improved by 4,000 IU of vitamin D
- OBSERVATION: Plaque removed in mice by equiv. of 14,000 IU daily
- OBSERVATION: DDT (which decreases Vit D) increases risk of Alzheimer's by up to 3.8X
- FACT: Vitamin D is extremely low cost and has very very few side effects
- CONCLUSION: Everyone concerned about cognitive decline or Alzheimer's Disease should take vitamin D
- PREDICTION: By 2024 Omega-3 and high dose Vitamin D will be found to reverse Alzheimer's in humans
- As of 2018 that combination has worked well with
- Other studies concerning Omega-3 include
- All items in category Cognition and vitamin D
- The End of Alzheimer's - if custom adjust Vitamin D, B-12, Iron, Omega-3, etc.
- Customizing the types of treatment to the individual results in reversing Alzheimer's
- Comparing High-dose vitamin D therapies one colum is The End of Alzheimer's
- Schizophrenia increased 40 percent for Spring births after Danes stopped vitamin D fortification – April 2014
- Vitamin D reduces Alzheimer’s disease in at least 11 ways – Jan 2013
- Genes which reduce blood-level vitamin D increase the risk of Alzheimer’s disease – Dec 2016
- Alzheimer plaque possibly cleared by Vitamin D – Nov 2017
- Alzheimer’s patients 3X more likely to have a malfunctioning vitamin D receptor gene – 2012
- Alzheimer’s (apoE4) may require more than Omega-3 - May 2017
- Cognitive Impairment 1.8 times more likely if low Omega-3– Oct 2016
- Schizophrenia relapses reduced 3X by Omega-3 – RCT Mar 2015
- Cognition of Alzheimer’s patients improved by daily 4,000 IU of vitamin D – RCT Jan 2015
- Poor cognition 26 percent more likely if low Vitamin D (29 studies) – meta-analysis July 2017
Cognitive category starts with the following
Very brief summary of Cognitive decline
Treatment : Vitamin D intervention slows or stops progression
Prevention : Many observational studies - perhaps Vitamin D prevents
Omega-3 both prevents and treats cognition
Wonder the benefits if both Vitamin D AND Omega-3 were to be used
324 items in Cognition category
6 studies), Genetics ( 8 studies), Vitamin D Receptor ( 15 studies), Omega-3 ( 47 studies), Intervention ( 18 studies), Meta-analyses ( 21 studies), Depression ( 21 studies), Parlinson's ( 16 studies), Click here for details
Vitamin D pages containing "Dementia" in title (40 as of April 2022)
Poor cognition 26 percent more likely if low Vitamin D (29 studies) – meta-analysis July 2017
Every schizophrenia measure was improved when vitamin D levels were normalized – June 2021
Cognitive Impairment and Dementia often associated with low Vitamin D – April 2020
IQ levels around the world are falling (perhaps lower Vitamin D, Iodine, or Omega-3)
Search VitaminDWiki for "WHITE MATTER" 53 items as of Jan 2017
- Reverse Alzheimer's With The Bredesen Protocol - ReCODE MyBioHack Feb 2020
- The 3 Vitamins that Prevent Brain Loss Aug 2017
"Our body can detoxify homocysteine, though, using three vitamins: folate, vitamin B12, and vitamin B6"
" B-vitamin treatment reduces, by as much as seven-fold] the brain atrophy in the regions specifically vulnerable to the Alzheimer’s disease process."
There have actually been
4875 visitors to this page since it was originally made
The End of Alzheimer's - if custom adjust Vitamin D, B-12, Iron, Omega-3, etc.
1800 visitors, last modified 26 Apr, 2022,This page is in the following categories (# of items in each category)Cognitive 324 Vitamin D and Omega-3 367 Vitamin D and Iron 64 Vitamin B12 51
ID Name Comment Uploaded Size Downloads 16604 End of Alz details and prices nov 2021_compressed.pdf PDF 2021 admin 16 Nov, 2021 21:43 809.04 Kb 92 10958 Inhalational Alzheimer's disease.pdf admin 02 Dec, 2018 15:26 685.75 Kb 458 10957 Reversal of cognitive decline in Alzheimer's disease.pdf admin 02 Dec, 2018 15:18 528.97 Kb 458 8357 Alzheimer's B Vitamins.pdf admin 27 Aug, 2017 14:37 852.72 Kb 523
- The End of Alzheimer's - if custom adjust Vitamin D, B-12, Iron, Omega-3, etc.