Emphasizing the Health Benefits of Vitamin D for Those with Neurodevelopmental Disorders and Intellectual Disabilities
Nutrients 2015, 7(3), 1538-1564; doi:10.3390/nu7031538
- Looks at those with disabilities and having special needs, primarily because they are mainly indoors and tend to become obese.
- Study is not aimed at treating their disabilities.
- However, study notes that they have increased risk for a number of diseases such as diabetes, CVD, respiratory infections, and, perhaps, cancer.
- The guidelines actually apply to everyone who does not spend much time in the sun.
See also VitaminDWiki
- Health benefit of Sunlight is more than Vitamin D in the blood - many studies
- High Risk of little Vitamin D category listing in VitaminDWiki
Examples: astronaut, submariner, antarctic explorer, 2nd shift worker, physically disabled, obese (not feel comfortable in public), disfigured (not feel comfortable in public), autistic (not feel comfortable in public), prisoner, senior, dark skinned person living a long way from equator, fear of skin cancer, etc.
- Shut-in cagtegory listing in VitaminDWiki
- Sun and UV sections at VitaminDWiki
- Diseases which are related due to vitamin D deficiency
- Sunlight and Your Health: An EnLIGHTening Perspective - Holick Video Dec 2014 with interview by Dr. Cannell
- Search VitaminDWiki for DISABILITY 471 items as of Feb 2015
- Adults with intellectual disabilities under psychiatric care have low levels of vitamin D – Sept 2014
- Disabled adults had very low vitamin D and other intake – Sept 2014
- Does Less Sun mean More Disease 5 minute video
Other publications on VitaminDWiki by some of the authors
- Autism Causes, Prevention and Treatment: Vitamin D Deficiency etc. – Book April 2015 by Dr. Cannell
- 26 VitaminDWiki pages have Holick in the title as of Feb 2015
- Dr. Grant on vitamin D and mortality in VitaminDWiki
- Search VitaminDWiki for "W * grant" OR "William grant" 841 items as of Feb 2015
- Search VitaminDWiki for "VITAMIN D COUNCIL" 611 items as of Feb 2015 - run by by Dr. Cannell
- Search VitaminDWiki for Płudowski 59 items as of Feb 2015
- Vitamin D - for children with intellectual development disabilities and fight Ebola - Nov 2014 by Wimalawansa
- Vitamin D: Everything You Need to Know - book Aug 2012 by Wimalawansa
Plugin execution pending approval
This plugin was recently added or modified. Until an editor of the site validates the parameters, execution will not be possible.
Short url = http://is.gd/LowVitDDiseases