Highlights of book and interview of author with transcript
A Statin Nation: Damaging Millions in a Brave New Post-Health World,” written by Dr. Malcolm Kendrick,
Dec 2018, Amazon $6
Doctoring Data: How to Sort Out Medical Advice From Medical Nonsense
A Statin Nation
- Of the 9 the committee, there were 124 conflicts of interest with companies making statins or other cholesterol-lowering agents.
- “..it was found that taking statins was associated with … a 20,000% increase in the risk [of Lou Gehrig’s]”
- Lipitor says statins provide a a 36% percent relative reduction in heart attacks.
- Acutal risk reduction (remembered to be) 1.1%
Apparently placebo trials of statins have found a very low absolute risk of reducing hear problems. The actual data is being hidden by Cholesterol Treatment Trialists’ (CTT) Collaboration which has gotten $400 million from the statin companies.
- Statins and vitamin D
- Overview Cholesterol and vitamin D
- Vitamin D levels are (again) associated with HDL cholesterol levels – Feb 2018
- Cholesterol, Vitamins D3 and K2, heart disease, sulfates, LDL, – Masterjohn Interview Jan 2013
- Kids have recently reduced both cholesterol and vitamin D – Aug 2012
- Eating less cholesterol is harmless other than it causes vitamin D deficiency – June 2011
- Vitamin D increases HDL
- Cholesterol and vitamin D book - 2009
- Fat Is My Friend - Jan 2018
- If you must take statins and want to avoid hardening of arteries, take vitamin K2 – RCT May 2015
- Statins associated with 14X increase in Polymyalgia Rheumatica (a new disease) – Aug 2012