Dermatoendocrinol. 2012 Jan 1;4(1):2-7.
Glossmann HH, Blumthaler M.
Innsbruck Medical University; Innsbruck, Austria.
An observational study and a "clinical trial" seem to prove that rosuvastatin (but not fluvastatin) dramatically increases serum levels of 25-(OH)-D3 (three-fold above starting values). A critical analysis of the two publications, presented below, raises serious concerns. Conclusions from these two studies have already been drawn in the scientific literature.It is argued that claiming or believing in a "novel pleiotropic effect of rosuvastatin" may be misleading and premature.
- All items in category Drug interactions with Vitamin D
- Statins and vitamin D
- Statins associated with 14X increase in Polymyalgia Rheumatica (a new disease) – Aug 2012
- Search for Glossman on VitaminDWiki 64 items as of May 2016
- Pharmacology of vitamin D - April 2011
- Seniors, like everyone else, need vitamin D and should avoid sunburns – 2011
- Rosuvastatin given for renal problem resulted in increased vitamin D levels – RCT Dec 2012The statin Crestor dramatically increases levels of vitamin D in the blood – Jan 2012
8311 visitors, last modified 17 May, 2016,