Could a Vitamin D Deficiency Cause Dyslexia? Spring 2013
Dyslexia is similar to autism
- Dyslexia tends to run in families, as does autism.
- Dyslexic children often exhibit developmental delays in motor skills as do autistic children.
- Many of the symptoms of dyslexia overlap the symptoms of ADHD, Asperger's and autism.
- Children diagnosed with ADHD, Asperger's and autism often also struggle with reading
- Increased consumption of fish has been shown to be linked to both autism and reading ability.
- Dyslexia and autism both affect more boys than girls.