Nutrients. 2017 Dec 1;9(12). pii: E1306. doi: 10.3390/nu9121306.
Oliveira ALB1, Monteiro VVS2, Navegantes-Lima KC3, Reis JF4, Gomes RS5, Rodrigues DVS6, Gaspar SLF7, Monteiro MC8.
Autoimmune category starts with
155 items in Autoimmune category
- Vitamin D and MS Asthma RA Diabetes Gut Allergy Hay Fever Muscular Dystrophy Lupus Psoriasis
- Autoimmune disease clusters run in families having low D
- How Vitamin D reduces inflammation, improves immunity and fights autoimmunity – review Dec 2018
- 120 doctors and 20,000 MS patients using high dose Vitamin D Dec 2018
- Vitamin D has treated Multiple Sclerosis and autoimmune diseases for 16 years – Coimbra April 2018
- Vitamin D Receptor is associated in over 40 autoimmune studies
- Many autoimmune diseases associated with low vitamin D or poor Vit D genes – July 2019
- Polyphenols in the treatment of autoimmune diseases = July 2019 10.1016/j.autrev.2019.05.001
- various autoimmune disorders including vitiligo, ulcerative colitis and multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Neuroprotective Mechanisms of Resveratrol in Alzheimer’s Disease: Role of SIRT1- 2018 - https://doi.org/10.1155/2018/8152373 FREE PDF
- A Review of Resveratrol as a Potent Chemoprotective and Synergistic Agent in Cancer Chemotherapy - Jan 2019 - doi: 10.3389/fphar.2018.01534 FREE PDF
- Influence of Resveratrol on the Immune Response - April 2019  Download the PDF from VitaminDWiki
Autoimmune diseases are still considered to be pressing concerns due the fact that they are leaders in death and disability causes worldwide. Resveratrol is a polyphenol derived from a variety of foods and beverages, including red grapes and red wine. Anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and antiaging properties of resveratrol have been reported, and in some animal and human studies this compound reduced and ameliorated the progression of autoimmune diseases, such as rheumatoid arthritis, systemic lupus erythematosus, psoriasis, inflammatory bowel disease, and type 1 diabetes mellitus. Thus, this review aims to summarize and critically analyze the role of resveratrol in the modulation of several organ-specific or systemic autoimmune diseases.