Relationship between serum concentrations of boron and inflammatory markers, disease duration, and severity of patients with knee osteoarthritis in Sulaimani city
National Journal of Physiology, Pharmacy and Pharmacology, 2015 | Vol 6 | Issue 1, Accepted October 8, 2015
Naza Mohammad Ali Mahmood1, Omer Rafiq Barawi2, Saad Abdulrahman Hussain3 IRAQ
This is one of many studies associated arthritis with low levels of Boron
- Rheumatoid arthritis and many other diseases associated with low Boron – 2012
- Boron and Granulomas (TB, Rheumatoid arthritis, Crohn's, Rheumatic Fever etc.) - 2015
- Vitamin D and Boron category listing has
30 items - many notes on Boron and Arthritis
- Overview Osteoarthritis and Vitamin D
- Overview Rheumatoid Arthritis and vitamin D
Note: this study is NOT in PubMed
See also web: Boron and Osteoarthritis
- Arthritis and Boron Progressive Health (probably before 2017)
- Boron LIFE EXTENSION MAGAZINE Aug 2006
FruiteX B® OsteoBoron pilot study - 60 days ==> 24% increase in Vitamin D level
FruiteX B® OsteoBoron 8 week rat study ==>bone mineral content increased by 5.8%
50% of getting 6 mg of Boron noted less pain from movement, vs 10% of placebo.
- A Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Pilot Study to Evaluate the Effect of Calcium Fructoborate on Systemic Inflammation and Dyslipidemia Markers for Middle-Aged People with Primary Osteoarthritis 2011
2 week trial with 3 dose sizes - excellent results  Download the PDF from VitaminDWiki
- The Role of Boron Salts in the Treatment of Symptoms in Osteoartrosis: Presentation of 2 Cases, Feb 2017
Download the PDF from VitaminDWiki
Download the PDF from VitaminDWiki
Background: Many trace elements in the biological system, including boron, are involved in various vital processes related to health and diseases. Boron has been proved to have a role in decreasing inflammatory pain, joint stiffness, and other disabling symptoms associated with osteoarthritis (OA).
Aims and Objective: To evaluate the relationship between serum concentrations of boron with inflammatory markers, disease duration, and severity in patients with knee OA.
Materials and Methods: A total of 43 patients with knee OA were clinically evaluated and serum boron concentrations were measured in addition to erythrocyte sedimentation rate (ESR) and total white blood cell (WBC) count; the results were compared with that of healthy controls. Boron levels were correlated with ESR, WBC, disease duration, and severity.
Result: Serum boron levels were significantly lower in patients compared with controls, and found to be significantly correlated with disease duration and severity. No correlation was reported between boron and the inflammatory markers.
Conclusion: Serum boron levels were significantly lower in patients with knee OA, and negatively correlated with the duration and severity of the disease.Knee osteoarthritis strongly associated with low Boron – 2015
9770 visitors, last modified 21 Oct, 2020,This page is in the following categories (# of items in each category)
ID Name Comment Uploaded Size Downloads 7875 Osteo Boron cases study.pdf PDF 2017 admin 24 Mar, 2017 14:36 391.10 Kb 1346 7874 Calcium Fructoborate - 2011.pdf admin 24 Mar, 2017 14:20 195.92 Kb 971 7356 KO F7.jpg admin 18 Nov, 2016 07:41 14.35 Kb 3290 7355 KO F6.jpg admin 18 Nov, 2016 07:40 19.27 Kb 3285 7354 KO F3.jpg admin 18 Nov, 2016 07:40 12.60 Kb 3663 7353 Boron Knee Osteo.pdf PDF 2015 admin 18 Nov, 2016 07:30 547.18 Kb 1115