Antibiotic Resistance Will Kill 300 Million People by 2050 Mercola Feb 2015
“There are some glimmers of hope though.
- Six of the largest school districts in the US recently decided to switch to antibiotic-free chicken in their cafeterias”
- UN Calls for End to Industrialized Farming
- . . Organic farm fields yielded 33 % more in drought years compared with chemically managed ones.
- 100% USDA Organic label offers excellent assurance that antibiotics have not been used at any stage of production.
- "No antibiotics administered" and similar labels also offer high assurance that antibiotics have not been used, especially if accompanied by a "USDA process Verified" shield.
- "Grass-fed" label coupled with USDA Organic label means no antibiotics have been used, but if the "grass-fed" label appears alone, antibiotics may have been given.
- "American Grass-fed" and
"Food Alliance Grass-fed" labels indicate that in addition to having been raised on grass, the animal in question received no antibiotics.
- The following three labels: "Antibiotic-free," "No antibiotic residues," and "No antibiotic growth promotants," have not been approved by the USDA and may be misleading if not outright fraudulent.
- "Natural" or "All-Natural" is completely meaningless and has no bearing on whether or not the animal was raised according to organic principles. "Natural" meat and poultry products can by law receive antibiotics, hormones, and genetically engineered grains, and can be raised in confined animal feeding operations (CAFOs).
Includes 3 videos - 1 on raising chickens
- . . raises about 30,000 chickens at a time, and over a six week growing period, it's considered normal for at least 1,000 of them to die.
- . . . the farmers are actually contractually prohibited from giving the flock access to open air and sunshine . . .
UK is ignoring the reduction of use of antibiotics for animals and people
See also UK PDF files attached at the bottom of this page
Note: I, admin of VitaminDWiki, only eat meat which had the 100% USDA Organic label
See also VitaminDWiki
- Huge increases in health problems – risk factors include Vitamin D, Antibiotics, and Roundup
- Antibiotics and Vitamin D are associated with many of the same diseases - but only Vitamin D can treat them
See also FDA
- FDA Commissioner Margaret Hamburg Stepping Down on March 2015
FDA scientists in 2010 found that none of the 20 antibiotics used on animals met safety guidelined, but FDA has done nothing
Her likely replacement has a LOT of ties to big pharma. Dr. Califf reports receiving research grants that partially support his salary from Amylin, Johnson & Johnson, Scios, Merck/Schering-Plough, Schering-Plough Research Institute, Novartis Pharma, Bristol-Myers Squibb Foundation, Aterovax, Bayer, Roche, Lilly, and Schering-Plough; all grants are paid to Duke University.
Dr. Califf also consults for TheHeart.org, Johnson & Johnson, Scios, Kowa Research Institute, Nile, Parkview, Orexigen Therapeutics, Pozen, WebMD, Bristol-Myers Squibb Foundation, AstraZeneca, Bayer-OrthoMcNeil, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Boehringer Ingelheim, Daiichi Sankyo, GlaxoSmithKline, Li Ka Shing Knowledge Institute, Medtronic, Merck, Novartis, Sanofi-Aventis, XOMA, University of Florida, Pfizer, Roche, Servier International, DSI-Lilly, Janssen R&D, CV Sight, Regeneron, and Gambro; all income from these consultancies is donated to nonprofit organizations, with most going to the clinical research fellowship fund of the Duke Clinical Research Institute. Dr. Califf holds equity in Nitrox LLC, N30 Pharma, and Portola.”