Table of contents
- Vitamin D abnormalities of children with recurrence of malignancy and comparison with newly diagnosed patients
- VitaminDWiki Infant-Child pages with CANCER in the title
- Some health problems recur if low vitamin D
- A health problem associated with low D is often associated with other low D problems (if not supplement)
- Note: Some health problems protect themselves by deactivating the Vitamin D Receptor
- See also in VitaminDWiki
Vitamin D abnormalities of children with recurrence of malignancy and comparison with newly diagnosed patients
Caspian J Intern Med . 2022 Fall;13(4):735-740. doi: 10.22088/cjim.13.4.735.
Nahid Reisi 1 , Azar Mirzaei 2 , Alireza Moafi 1 , Pouran Raeissi 3 , Maryam Naghdhassani 4
A = Leukemia recur, B = new Leukemia, C = Healthy
Background: Vitamin D (Vit-D) is a necessary ingredient for human growth and its deficiency may increase the risk of cancer and its recurrence. The main purpose of this research was to assess the levels of Vit-D in children with recurrence of malignancy and compare it with new cases of malignancy and the control group.
Methods: The status of 25(OH) Vit-D was determined utilizing the HPLC method in 47 patients with recurrence of malignancy (group A), 50 children with new malignancy (group B ) and 49 normal healthy siblings of the two groups as a control (group C).
Results: Vit-D was low (<30 ng/ml) in the 92% of patients with recurrence of malignancy, which was a significant difference compared to groups B (60%) and C (45%). Vit-D insufficiency (10-30 ng/dl) in group A was also higher than the other two groups. The mean levels of Vit-D in patients with recurrence were significantly lower than the new cases and controls. Low Vit-D (<30 ng/ml) in group A in both male and female, and also in all ages (<6 and ≥ 6 years) was higher than groups B and C. Also, low Vit-D in terms of the type of malignancy in group A was higher than group B only in leukemic patients while this was not different for non-leukemic patients in these two groups.
Conclusion: Results of this study showed an increased prevalence of low Vit-D in children with recurrence of malignancies. Therefore, it may increase the risk of recurrence of malignancies in children.
Download the PDF from VitaminDWiki
VitaminDWiki Infant-Child pages with CANCER in the title
This list is automatically updated
Some health problems recur if low vitamin D
- Breast cancer recurred twice as often if have less than 20 ng of vitamin D – Dec 2018
- Stroke risks increased if low Vitamin D: Death 3.6 X, recurrence 5.5 X – Meta-analysis Nov 2019
- Recurrent pregnancy loss (miscarriage) is associated with low vitamin D in 6 ways – March 2021
- Ischemic stroke 5 times more likely to recur if very low vitamin D – June 2016
- Recurrent Tonsillitis 4 X more likely if low vitamin D – meta-analysis July 2020
A health problem associated with low D is often associated with other low D problems (if not supplement)
Diseases that are related via low vitamin D here is a portion of a long list
Some of the disease associations: Disease 1 ==> Disease 2 (both associated with low vitamin D
- Statins ==> many diseases associated with low vitamin D update Jan 2012
- Parkinson, Alzheimer, Stroke ==>Hip fracture
- Parkinson's ==> Osteoporosis
- Low Grip Strength ==> Osteoporosis
- Immune System disease (CVID) ==> Osteoporosis
- COPD ==> Osteoporosis
- COPD ==> Bone Fracture 4.7 X
- COPD ==> osteoporosis, cardio., skeletal muscle, anemia, metabolic synd.
- HIV ==> Osteoporosis
- Prostate Cancer ==> Osteoporosis
- Atopic Dermatitis ==> Osteopenia 1.8 X
- Prostate Cancer ==> Melanoma
- Skin wrinkles ==> Fragile bones
- Depression ==> Fragile bones
- Depressed ==> 2x more Stroke
- Depression ==> Heart Disease 40% increase,, Forbes
Note: Some health problems protect themselves by deactivating the Vitamin D Receptor
Cancer removal does not reactivate the Vitamin D Receptor
A deactivated VDR results in less Vitamin D getting to cells
Which results in more health problems in the future, even if vitamin D levels are raised to 30 ng by supplementation