- "The story goes back to the 1920s, and it takes place in a bakery in a country (Canada) where hundreds of thousands of children were suffering painful and debilitating effects of rickets."
- "McGroarty’s patent formula used a compound called ergosterol, which is a steroid alcohol found in fungi that converts to Vitamin D when irradiated with UV light."
- "He added it to yeast, irradiated it with quartz lamps, and used that yeast to make Vitamin D-enriched bread."
Note Vitamin D fortified Milk was started a few years later - not at Govt demand
- Fortification with Vitamin D category listing has
104 items along with related searches
- 5000 IU of vitamin D in daily bread substantially improved quality of life in nursing home – May 2014
- Vitamin D fortified food (bread) is similar to supplementation – RCT April 2016
- 5,000 IU of vitamin D (in bread) was great – should have continued forever – Oct 2013
- 5000 IU vitamin D3 added daily to bread raised blood levels to 50 ng – 2009