(This was started as a Blog post Jan 8, 2012)
- Owners of pet monkey charged with cruelty by nor providing vitamin D Dec 2011
Quote: . . criminal malpractice not to recommend vitamin D
Quote: . . it is medical malpractice for obstetricians not to know what the Vitamin D level of their patients is
- Mother and father on trial for infant death – set free – death was due to rickets – Dec 2011
- BBC update Jan 24, 2012 found vitamin D deficiency associated with 30 infants deaths
- Perhaps in a region far from the Equator – such as Alaska Or Scotland
- Many people stay too long in hospitals (and sometimes dies) due to lack of vitamin D
- Pregnancy ends in C-sections, low birth weight, fetal death, etc due to low vitamin D
Infants with low vitamin D have vastly increased asthma, diabetes, etc.
- Vets give about 3X vitamin D than the US govt recommends
Vets are rewarded when the patient is healthy, vs doctors are rewarded when the patient is sick
- “It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary is dependent upon his not understanding it” Upton Sinclair
- Gynecologists may have the most to lose when patients have enough vitamin D
- Cancer doctors are a close second
- Doctors are wary of yet another vitamin which claims too much (A, B, C, E . . . )
- Doctors cannot charge for vitamin D tests in many countries such as Canada and insurance plans
- Medical professionals are often not aware of groups which are at high-risk of being vitamin D deficient, nor the causes
- Doctors who do not follow "accepted practice" (and more vitamin D is not yet accepted practice) open themselves up to mal-practice law suits.
- Experts have been unable to agree on vitamin D levels: 30 ng, 50 ng, or what
While experts have been unable to agree, the US govt lowered the vitamin D level to 20 ng
- Many health applications of vitamin D have been patented
Examples: Reduce weight, reduce chemotherapy needed, reduce falls, reduce scars, improve fertility,
treat heart disease, treat endometriosis, treat liver disease, treat type 1 diabetes, etc. etc.
- Often doctors can only prescribe vitamin D2
D2 has been proven many times to actually decrease blood levels and/or make the health condition worse
- Healthcare systems are typically rewarded for providing treatment, not prevention
However, a huge number of vitamin D trials and meta-analysis of trials have proven the great benefits of vitamin D
- All Meta-analysis items in VitaminDWiki 38 Meta-analysis as of Jan 2012
Note: Meta-analysis are analysis of the results of 10 to 30 Random Controlled Trials
As of Dec 2011 there were >700 Vitamin D intervention clinical trials - more than any other medical intervention.
- Overview Evidence for vitamin D
- Mercola Oct 2010
It is my impression that it is criminal malpractice not to recommend vitamin D and aggressively monitor a breast cancer patient's vitamin D level to get it between 70 and 100 ng/ml.
- March 2010
Dr. Hollis could not state this strongly enough. “I think it is medical malpractice for obstetricians not to know what the Vitamin D level of their patients is.”
- Vitamin D Council 2009
"As the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) recently recommended that all pregnant women have a 25(OH)D blood test...
As the AAP recommendation came from an official medical body, to medical malpractice attorneys it represents evidence of a 'standard of care' for future lawsuits."