- 10% less likely to have any type of heart event,
- 20% less likely to have a nonfatal heart attack.
- 30% more likely to have a serious gastrointestinal bleeding event
- 19% of all ages
- 27% of middle-aged
- 50% of >65
10 years of baby asprin starting at age 55: net reduction in total deaths
But NO change in Heart Attack deaths
Nothing about non-deadly problems due to taking aspirin - such as serious gastrointestinal bleeding
Notice the disclosure in the PDF- many of the authors work for or consult for the Bayer Apirin company
PDF is attached at the bottom of this page
Commentary on this study New York Times Aug 2014
Does Aspirin Prevent Cardiovascular Disease and Cancer? Ignore the Guidelines MedScape Oct 2014
They argue that asprin prevents Primary cardiovascular problems as well. Have 33 references
Aspirin Advocate vs Skeptic: Any Common Ground? Medscape Video Oct 2014
- Vitamin D provides more heart benefits than aspirin
- Vitamin D PREVENTS many diseases as well
- Vitamin D TREATS some diseases
- 100X fewer side-effects than aspirin
- Overview Cardiovascular and vitamin D
- 7X increased chance of death if coronary artery disease and low vitamin D – Oct 2013
- All items in category Cardiovascular and vitamin D
- 9 Clinical trials of vitamin D intervention to PREVENT Cardiovascular problems Jan 2012
- Much better chance to survive heart attack if have high level of vitamin D
- Meta-analysis of Cardiovascular and vitamin D June 2011
Approximately 50% less likely to die if have enough vitamin D - meta-analysis of many studies
- 30 ng perhaps best for cardiovascular - graphs from many countries - 2011.pdf file
- Zero Deaths from Vitamins Minerals Amino Acids or Herbs - Jan 2011
- NSAIDs (such as aspirin) kill 2500 a year in UK vs ZERO for vitamin D
- All items in Mortality and vitamin D :not just Cardio
- Heart patients 10 percent more likely to die for every 4 ng less vitamin D – May 2011
- Cardiovascular disease may be reduced by vitamin D – June 2011 with summary of previous trials
- Vitamin D is important for cardiovascular health – Sept 2010 nice chart and tables
- What can Vitamin D learn from Baby Aspirin marketing
- Vitamin D Reduces Medical Problems better than aspirin
- Off topic: Baby-sized aspirin doubles chance of getting wet macular degeneration
- Should increase life expectancy by 2 years if double vitamin D levels – July 2011 Dr. Grant
Baby aspirin reduces heart problems - Vitamin D much better– Jan 2012
- Aspirin Adverse Effects in WikiPedia
- Many people die each year from Aspirin - WikiPedia
Mortality rate of 2% from single overdose and 25% of the people who take too much of it on a daily basis
compared to Vitamin D - unlikely to notice any problem if accidentally take an entire bottle of vitamin D
- Aspirin has so many Adverse Effects that this TedMed video of Dec 2011
expresses the opinion that aspirin would not be allowed, as even a prescription drug, under FDA current rules.
- FDA Reverses Its Position on Daily Aspirin Mercola, Aug 2014
Starts with "If you haven't had a heart attack, step away from the aspirin bottle... If you are one of the 40 million Americans who take an aspirin every day, you may want to heed the latest warning from the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA)."
"Aspirin May Conceal a Cardiac Event in Progress"
The number of non-fatal events may be reduced, but the number of sudden deaths is actually increased,
- The Lie of Aspirin Preventing Heart Attacks
It was probably the MAGNESIUM in buffered aspirin which helped - not the aspirin itself
The original studies from 1974 through 1988 showed that aspirin was not helpful for cardiovascular diseases
- Is Daily Aspirin Therapy a Wise Choice? Mercola Dec 2016
"Based on a series of meta-analyses from the Antithrombotic Trialists' Collaboration6 (an enormous body of research following more than 100,000 patients at high risk for cardiac events), Cleland concluded that aspirin therapy was not saving lives."
"The number of non-fatal events was reduced, but the number of sudden deaths actually increased. What Cleland discovered was that aspirin can actually mask a cardiac event in progress. In other words, aspirin may change the way vascular events present themselves."
"Aspirin May Lower OR Raise Risk of Heart Attack, Depending on Your Situation"
5443 visitors, last modified 12 Dec, 2016,This page is in the following categories (# of items in each category)