Click on image for on-line interaction
Note: Supplements can easily improve the Vitamin D Receptor
Study reported on in Medscape (found via Facebook)  Download PDF from VitaminDWiki
Biovista is doing the investigation
Project Prodigy AI at Biovista is focused on potential COVID-19 treatments
- "... create visual networks of connections between different attack points related to COVID-19, including drugs, genes, pathways, cell types and more"
- "Project Prodigy is working through more than 170,000 putative Drugs, Compounds and Nutritional Supplements, DIRECTLY or INDIRECTLY linked to the COVID-19 targets..."
- They then are:
- exploring the biology around the disease
- generating hypotheses for possible treatment
- sharing hypotheses with the community
- assessing and refining these hypotheses
- "Supporting scientific literature (PubMed articles) can be viewed by clicking on the blue document icons."
- So far, we hypothesize that two (2) drugs and (2) Nutritional Supplements that could be co-administered with the drugs seem to be suitable for further study and testing
Another repurposing study also considers Vitamin D for treatment - Sept 2020
Repurposing existing drugs for COVID-19: an endocrinology perspective
September 2020BMC Endocrine Disorders 20(149), DOI: 10.1186/s12902-020-00626-0
Download the PDF from VitaminDWiki
- 155) Jakovac H. COVID-19 and vitamin D-Is there a link and an opportunity for intervention?. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2020;318(5):E589. doi:https://doi.org/10.1152/ajpendo.00138.2020
- 157) Aygun H. Vitamin D can prevent COVID-19 infection-induced multiple organ damage [published online ahead of print, 2020 May 25]. Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol. 2020;1-4.
- 159) Glinsky GV. Tripartite Combination of Candidate Pandemic Mitigation Agents: Vitamin D, Quercetin, and Estradiol Manifest Properties of Medicinal Agents for Targeted Mitigation of the COVID-19 Pandemic Defined by Genomics-Guided Tracing of SARS-CoV-2 Targets in Human Cells. -Biomedicines. 2020;8(5):E129. Published 2020 May 21.
- 161) Teymoori-Rad M, Shokri F, Salimi V, Marashi SM. The interplay between vitamin D and viral infections. Rev Med Virol. 2019;29(2):e2032.
See also VitaminDWiki
COVID-19 treated by Vitamin D - studies, reports, videos
As of April 29, 2022, the VitaminDWiki COVID page had: 19 trial results, 37 meta-analyses and reviews, Mortality studies see related: Governments, HealthProblems, Hospitals, Dark Skins, 26 risk factors are ALL associated with low Vit D, Fight COVID-19 with 50K Vit D weekly Vaccines Take lots of Vitamin D at first signs of COVID 126 COVID Clinical Trials using Vitamin D (March 2023) Cost to prevent a COVID death: 11 dollars of Vitamin D - Nov 2022
5 most-recently changed Virus entries
Vitamin D Receptor items in VitaminDWiki
- Vitamin D Receptor is associated in over 58 autoimmune studies*
- The risk of 44 diseases at least double with poor Vitamin D Receptor as of Oct 2019
- Vitamin D Receptor activation can be increased by any of: Resveratrol, Omega-3, Magnesium, Zinc, Quercetin, non-daily Vit D, Curcumin, intense exercise, Ginger, Essential oils, etc
- Note: The founder of VitaminDWiki uses 10 of the 12 known VDR activators