Cofactors: not stated – but probably was taking Magnesium and Vitamin K2
350 ng after 6 months, no Calcium problems (cofactors?)
Sunbathing reduced the level to 250ng/ml
Was anxious so stopped the dose
Back to 100 ng/ml in 6 months
In 2012 I decided to do a toxicity study on myself to help answer a few questions.
I started taking 100,000 IU/day in June of 2012.
I measured my 25(OH)D and Urine CA/Cr ratio every week.
The 25(OH)D was run by two different methods.
Towards the end I also had a 1,25 and 24,25 run.
My 25(OH)D slowly increased to 300 ng/ml by LCMS at about 4 months.
My serum and urine calcium and urine CA/CR ratio remained normal.
I wanted to see if sun exposure would affect 25(OH)D so I started sunbathing an hour every day for 2 weeks.
My 25(OH)D levels decreased to 250 ng/ml despite the fact I was still taking 100,000 IU/day.
It seemed to indicate that sun exposure will help reduce elevated 25(OH)D levels.
By six months my 25(OH)D level was 350 ng/ml but my serum CA, 24 hour urine calcium and CA/CR ratios remained normal.
However, I started having anorexia and nausea (some symptoms of D intoxication) when I got to 350 ng/ml so I stopped the vitamin D.
It took about 6 months for my 25(OH)D to get under 100 ng/ml.
The anorexia and nausea went away in about a month.
The different methods of measuring 25(OH)D showed about a 25% variance on some measurements.
My 1,25 never went above normal but my 24,25 level was elevated the last 3 months.
It is assumed that toxicity is a side effect of hypercalcemia.
I guess the anorexia and nausea may have been psychosomatic as I got very nervous when my 25(OH)D got above 200 ng/ml.
This is. John J Cannell, MD, Vitamin D Council Inc.
- 1000 IU of vitamin D (per kg) can indeed be toxic – 1947 the possible source of the myth - dropped off per kg
if Dr. Cannell weighs 100 kg this would have been 100,000 IU
- 1000 IU per kg Vitamin D for autoimmune diseases – Coimbra Aug 2013
Not toxic when eliminate Caclium and drink lots of fluids
- NHS (UK) mistakenly says more than 1000 IU of vitamin D can be harmful – Dec 2013
- Vitamin D toxicity after 4 months of weekly 600,000 IU – 2012
- 10,000 IU vitamin D daily is safe, toxicity start at 150 ng (for monotherapy)– Jan 2013
- 50000 IU vitamin D daily toxic after 3 months – Oct 2011
- 200000 IU vitamin D daily can result in Hypervitaminosis in weeks – 1992
- Can You Overdose on Vitamin D - It's Harder Than You Think
- Toxicity of vitamin D 300 ng but selected 100 ng to be prudent – Aug 2008
- Overview Toxicity of vitamin D
has the following conservative graph summary - based on > 20 studies which did not adjusts cofactors
Title change made Aug 2020 caused the visitor count to reset.
There have actually been
|194 visitors, last modified 03 Aug, 2020,