Acid Reflux Medications Are Big Drug Muggers Causing Many Side Effects Huffingtonpost Jan 2013
- PPI ="proton pump inhibitor” shut down the proton pumps in the stomach, examples are Prilosec and Prevacid.
- The H2 antagonists block histamine, examples of these include Zantac and Pepcid.
Less absobtion of Folate, Iron, Vitamin B12 , Magnesium, Vitamin A, Calcium and Zinc, Probiotics, and Vitamin D
- All items in category Drug interactions with Vitamin D
- Drug–Vitamin D Interactions, A Systematic Review – Jan 2013
- Off Topic: Taking a PPI for GERD increases chance of death from heart disease by 2X– Aug 2015 updated in 2018Acid Reflux drugs decrease Vitamin D and Magnesium – Jan 2013
4455 visitors, last modified 18 Jan, 2018,