April 28, 2010 Gary Null is suing is supplement maker who accidentally had 2,000,000 IU of vitamin D in the daily mix.
It was supposed to be 2,000 IU, not 2,000,000 IU
"In legal papers, Null's lawyers say he suffered from fatigue, pain and cracked and bleeding feet..."
He finally got around to detecting the source of the problem after a month = 30 X 2,000,000 = 60,000,000 IU of vitamin D
Update: only one lot of the product was affected, the product was removed from the market and recalled, and none of the product reached the retail market.
Yet again, no death from Vitamin D.
Vs 7,600 deaths in the US annually due to overdose of of NSAID such as aspirin. http://drugwarfacts.org/cms/?q=node/30
By the way - no fear about children ingesting a whole bottle of vitamin D gummies
A whole bottle = 24,000 IU = 60 each X 400 IU
Perspective: Finland gave single doses of 300,000 IU to infants for decades