Click on above link for full article from Natural Society – the following are just some highlights
- 8 out of 100 men from Kentucky
- 25 out of 100 New England
- The subjects living in the west, averaged 3,000 hours of sunlight per year and half as many cavities as those in the northeast with <2,200 hours
- - - - - - - -
- Many of my patients are taking vitamin D prescribed by their physician after blood work discovered a deficiency during their routine physical.
- To my amazement within six months I notice structural changes in the tooth's enamel and cementum (the exposed root surface).
The teeth became incredibly smooth and hard, almost like a granite countertop or a newly waxed car.
- I also notice the hardened and smoother tooth surface accumulates less plaque,
possibly because plaque cannot attach to the tooth as easily, resulting in less bacteria attacking the teeth.
- The gingivae (gums) also appear to be less inflamed and seem to attach more firmly around the teeth. T
- his tight gum tissue reduces the amount of bacteria that can live under the gums.
- All items in category Dental and Vitamin D
- Great Teeth if 10X more fat-soluble vitamins (Vitamin D) - 1935
- Hypothesis: Periodontal disease is related to vitamin D – 2010 Dr. Grant
- Teeth and vitamin D 2009 book
On pages 105-107, she describes how teeth health was known since the 1930's to be improved with vitamin D, sunshine, and full spectrum bulbs in classrooms.
- UVB and Vitamin D might decrease dental caries better than fluoride– July 2011
- Vitamin Deficiency Underlies Tooth Decay – 2009 and 1931
- Vitamin D history back to Egyptians and fortification - Aug 2011
Herodotus noticed Egyptians with bare heads had much stronger skulls than Persians
- Even 1,000 IU vitamin D reduced periodontitis – Jan 2011
- Children with severe caries were 2X more likely to have inadequate vitamin D – July 2012
- Dental caries reduced by vitamin D by half, review of 24 old clinical trials – Nov 2012
- Teeth getting worse due to lower level of vitamin D during the past 5,000 years
More sunshine: more teeth (1862), fewer cavities (1934) – Oct 2011
- The Vitamin that is Better than Fluoride in Reducing Cavities Mercola Oct 2011
Also mentions possible problem with Fluoride locking up Magnesium needed for healthy bone and teeth
8670 visitors, last modified 16 Dec, 2018,This page is in the following categories (# of items in each category)