Click on above link for full article from Natural Society – the following are just some highlights
- 8 out of 100 men from Kentucky
- 25 out of 100 New England
- The subjects living in the west, averaged 3,000 hours of sunlight per year and half as many cavities as those in the northeast with <2,200 hours
- - - - - - - -
- Many of my patients are taking vitamin D prescribed by their physician after blood work discovered a deficiency during their routine physical.
- To my amazement within six months I notice structural changes in the tooth's enamel and cementum (the exposed root surface).
The teeth became incredibly smooth and hard, almost like a granite countertop or a newly waxed car.
- I also notice the hardened and smoother tooth surface accumulates less plaque,
possibly because plaque cannot attach to the tooth as easily, resulting in less bacteria attacking the teeth.
- The gingivae (gums) also appear to be less inflamed and seem to attach more firmly around the teeth. T
- his tight gum tissue reduces the amount of bacteria that can live under the gums.
- All items in category Dental and Vitamin D
- Great Teeth if 10X more fat-soluble vitamins (Vitamin D) - 1935
- Hypothesis: Periodontal disease is related to vitamin D – 2010 Dr. Grant
- Teeth and vitamin D 2009 book
On pages 105-107, she describes how teeth health was known since the 1930's to be improved with vitamin D, sunshine, and full spectrum bulbs in classrooms.
- UVB and Vitamin D might decrease dental caries better than fluoride– July 2011
- Vitamin Deficiency Underlies Tooth Decay – 2009 and 1931
- Vitamin D history back to Egyptians and fortification - Aug 2011
Herodotus noticed Egyptians with bare heads had much stronger skulls than Persians
- Even 1,000 IU vitamin D reduced periodontitis – Jan 2011
- Children with severe caries were 2X more likely to have inadequate vitamin D – July 2012
- Dental caries reduced by vitamin D by half, review of 24 old clinical trials – Nov 2012
- Teeth getting worse due to lower level of vitamin D during the past 5,000 years
- The Vitamin that is Better than Fluoride in Reducing Cavities Mercola Oct 2011
Also mentions possible problem with Fluoride locking up Magnesium needed for healthy bone and teeth