After a lawyer died in jail who might have been there illegally
Nice move to improve health conditions in prisons.
Especially good for those who do not get outside much and during the winter
NY Daily News, Oct 2012
A session will cost about 33 cents a minute.
It would be far more cheaper to buy vitamin D
Bit of history: Dr. Cannell, the head of the Vitamin D Council, first noticed the lack of vitamin D when working in a prison-like environment
- Prisoners have very low vitamin D and get TB, influenza, and depression
- Overview Sports and vitamin D
- 5,000 IU vitamin D helped UK professional athletes in the winter – Oct 2012
- Athletes need at least 40 ng of vitamin D – literature review Oct 2012
- Vitamin D from phototherapy lamps, tanning beds, and the sun – Jan 2012
- Interview concerning UVA, UVB, and health – Grant Dec 2012
- Prison doctor on lack of vitamin D in solitary confinement – July 2013
- Search VitaminDWiki for PRISON 97 items as of March 2014