Viral Immunol. 2016 Aug 9.
Maghzi H1, Ataei B2, Khorvash F3, Yaran M4, Maghzi AH5.
1 Multiple Sclerosis Research Committee, Isfahan University of Medical Sciences , Isfahan, Iran
2 Infectious Diseases and Tropical Medicine Research Center, Isfahan University of Medical Sciences , Isfahan, Iran .
3 Nosocomial Infection Research Center, Isfahan University of Medical Sciences , Isfahan, Iran
4 Acquired Immunodeficiency Research Center, Isfahan University of Medical Sciences , Isfahan, Iran .
5 Department of Neurology, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center , Los Angeles, California.
16 nanograms of Vitamin D for mono vs 21 nanograms for controls
See also VitaminDWiki
- Virus category listing has
768 items along with related searches
- Multiple Sclerosis etc. strongly associated with Epstein-Barr virus (and vitamin D)
- Infectious Mononucleosis (virus) treated by high dose Vitamin D (3 cases) – March 2021
- Hepatitis B virus and Vitamin D - many studies
- Infectious mononucleosis and lack of UV linearly linked to MS in England – April 2011
- Dengue virus infection treated by (active) Vitamin D in the lab – April 2012
- Dengue Fever associated with poor vitamin D receptor – July 2002
- Adaptive immunity (cancer, viruses, autoimmune) and vitamin D – April 2016
- Immune response to respiratory viruses – vitamin D connection – review May 2015
- Four antiviral strategies – includes vitamin D – Vasquez Dec 2014
- Vitamin D and the anti-viral state – March 2010
- Overview HIV and vitamin D
- Vitamin D prevents Hepatitis-C and helps treat it (many studies)
- Hypothesis of Autoimmunity which includes Epstein-Barr Virus and Vitamin D Deficiency – 2012
- Vitamin D can inhibit enveloped virus (e.g. Corona, Herpes, Zoster, Epstein, Hepatitis, RSV) – March 2011
- Multiple Sclerosis risk factors – Vitamin D, parasites, and EBV – 2015
- Rotavirus diarrhea (nearly every child gets it) is strongly associated with low vitamin D – Aug 2015
- Shingles and vitamin D, which has the following
Vitamin D is closely linked to the clinical courses of herpes zoster: From pathogenesis to complications
PubMed Oct 2015, Publisher wants $31 for the PDF, also available on DeepDyve
See also web
"Infectious mononucleosis (IM), also known as mono, or glandular fever, is an infection most commonly caused by the Epstein–Barr virus (EBV)"
Is a member of Herpesviridae (DNA virus) - which are all enveloped
Epstein-Barr virus and vitamin D both have been implicated in the pathogenesis of autoimmune diseases, especially multiple sclerosis (MS). Vitamin D influences both innate and adaptive immune responses and has been linked to increased susceptibility to other viral infections such as influenza. Here we aimed to examine the association between vitamin D and acute infectious mononucleosis (IM).
This study is a case-control study that was conducted on IM patients and a control group of healthy individuals at infectious disease clinics of Isfahan University of Medical Sciences. Patients were recruited from January to December 2014.
The viral capsid antigen (VCA) IgM titer and vitamin D levels were measured at the time of acute infection in IM patients. We also measured vitamin D levels in healthy controls recruited during the same period of time. A total number of 60 IM patients with the mean age of 23.26±7.59 and a healthy control group with the mean age of 25.13±6.72 were enrolled. In the IM patients, there was no significant association between 25(OH) D3 levels and VCA IgM titers (r?=?0.190, p?=?0.146). Mean 25(OH) D3 levels in IM patients were significantly lower than in the control group (15.61±9.72 vs. 21.41±12.64, p=0.006). Our findings showed significantly lower vitamin D levels in IM patients at the time of infection than in the control group, providing some evidence that the two major risk factors for autoimmune diseases (e.g., MS) might not be independent risk factors.
PMID: 27505106Yet another virus associated with low vitamin D – mononucleosis – Aug 2016
4983 visitors, last modified 26 Aug, 2021,