Review in Dynamic Chiropractic
- Senior women who had been diabetic for 8 years
- Given 50,000 IU vitamin D weekly for 6 months
- Blood levels raised from 18 ng to 38 ng.
- improved mood, as indicated by a 20-question depression symptom survey.
- 26.8 dropped to 12. (range 0-60)
- Blood pressure a dropped from 140.4 to 132.5 mm Hg.
Penckofer S, et al. Vitamin D improves mood and blood pressure in women with diabetes.
Presented at the American Diabetes Association's 73rd Scientific Sessions. (2013?)
Study conducted by the Loyola University Chicago Niehoff School of Nursing.