Review in Dynamic Chiropractic
- Senior women who had been diabetic for 8 years
- Given 50,000 IU vitamin D weekly for 6 months
- Blood levels raised from 18 ng to 38 ng.
- improved mood, as indicated by a 20-question depression symptom survey.
- 26.8 dropped to 12. (range 0-60)
- Blood pressure a dropped from 140.4 to 132.5 mm Hg.
Penckofer S, et al. Vitamin D improves mood and blood pressure in women with diabetes.
Presented at the American Diabetes Association's 73rd Scientific Sessions. (2013?)
Study conducted by the Loyola University Chicago Niehoff School of Nursing.
- Overview Diabetes and vitamin D
- Search VitaminDWiki for Penckofer 32 items as of July 2017
- The new happy pill, vitamin D – Prevention July 2013
Items in both categories Diabetes and Deproession are listed here:
- Depression reduced in Diabetics with 3 months of 4,000 IU of vitamin D – RCT July 2019
- Depression twice as common in Diabetics (both have low vitamin D) – Aug 2018
- Vitamin D treatment of diabetes (50,000 IU every 2 weeks) augmented by probiotic – RCT June 2018
- MAGNESIUM IN MAN - IMPLICATIONS FOR HEALTH AND DISEASE – review 2015
- ALL of the top 10 health problems of women are associated with low vitamin D
- Depression 2X more common among diabetics, both associated with low vitamin D – 2014
- 50,000 IU Vitamin D weekly Improves Mood, Lowers Blood Pressure in Type 2 Diabetics – Oct 2013
- Hypothesis non-severe depression and diabetes related by low vitamin D – June 2011
- Chicago Sun Times on vitamin D: Depression, chest pain, fibromyalgia, Holick, 3000 IU without test - May 2010
- Table of outcomes for seniors vs vitamin D level