Update: International Congress on Vitamin D (VitaminD Workshop) – NY May 2019 has links to many previous workshops
- Click for more about the presentation: abstract, portrait, sometimes highlighted slides, comments by others
- Click on the PDF – to confirm your interest
- Optionally click and download the AUDIO
Listen while scrolling/clicking to the next slide
You can take notes on the PDF if use free Adobe or free Foxit Readers
VLC free media player allows you to speedup ([[)/slowdown (]]) the audio
Note:be sure to skip all of the add-ons during installation
DETAILS such as: How to record, why record, what is available, cost to record, etc.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
International Symposium on Vitamin D Deficiency
Rocco Forte Hotel, Abu Dhabi, UAE March 23, 2012
On behalf of the scientific committee, it is my pleasure to invite you to attend the International Symposium on Vitamin D Deficiency,
Lack of adequate sun exposure, vitamin D supplementation and fortification puts us at an increased risk for a number of serious illnesses including cancer, heart disease, diabetes, respiratory infections, allergy, rickets, psoriasis, osteoporosis, autoimmune diseases, neurological disorders such as multiple sclerosis, Alzheimer's disease as well as common cold and flu. At the symposium, the physicians, researchers and scientists working in the field of vitamin D will discuss current research and clinical practices related to vitamin D. We are proud to organize and host this event that will bring together high caliber speakers and experts in the field.
Healthcare professionals will hear directly from some of the world's leading vitamin D experts about the current vitamin D deficiency crisis in the UAE, Middle East, and the rest of the world. The symposium will address the role of vitamin D in pregnancy, lactation, cardiovascular diseases, neurological disorders, cancer, and the diagnosis and treatment of vitamin D deficiency. A special lecture will be conducted on non-classical functions and molecular biology of vitamin D in the symposium.
The scientific committee has put together a comprehensive program on this topic. We hope that the symposium will promote diffusion of up-to-date scientific information and offers participants the opportunity to develop fruitful collaborations. We look forward to your participation and to welcome you on March 23, 2012 at the symposium.
Dr. Afrozul Haq, Ph.D. Chairman, Scientific Committee, International Symposium on Vitamin D Deficiency
This activity is ....CME hour accredited
Upon completion of this educational activity, participants will be able to:
1. Identify the reasons of vitamin D deficiency in the UAE, Middle East and the world
2. Describe issues related to laboratory measurement of vitamin D
3. Discuss known as well as potential consequences of vitamin D deficiency
4. Explain various biological pathways of vitamin D metabolism
5. Describe the current clinical practice guidelines and their relevance
6. Provide a rationale for selecting vitamin D2 or D3 as supplement and dosage
Dr. Afrozul Haq, Ph.D. Chairman Scientific Committee
Senior Clinical Scientist Pathology and Laboratory Medicine Institute Sheikh Khalifa Medical City, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Dr. Laila Abdel-Wareth, MD.
Chairperson, Consultant Pathology and Laboratory Medicine Institute Sheikh Khalifa Medical City, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Dr. Showkat Ali Khan
Division of Clinical Biochemistry, Department of Pathology, Armed Forces Hospital, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
Dr. Jaishen Rajah, MD.
Consultant Pediatrics Institute, Sheikh Khalifa Medical City, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Prof. William B. Grant, Ph.D.
Director, Sunlight, Nutrition, and Health Research Center San Francisco, USA
Dr. Fatme Anouti, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor Zayed University, Abu Dhabi Campus, United Arab Emirates
Dr. Imran Mirza, MD.
Consultant, Pathology and Laboratory Medicine Institute Sheikh Khalifa Medical City, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Dr. Me is Moukayyad, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, American University in Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Who Should Attend
Physicians, Scientists, Laboratory Technologists, Nurses and Allied Healthcare Professionals
Registration Fees: AED 600 ($163)
For registration, please contact:
Ms. Maria, Mobile: +971 56 7620028 Mobile: +971 50 7617355 Phone: +971 2 4919888, Fax: +971 4919998
Dr.Afrozul Haq, Mobile: +971505450046
For more information, please contact +971 50 7617355 or +971 56 7620028
PDF is attached at the bottom of this page
- - - - - - - - -
- 2013 Symposium
- All items in category Middle East
- Overview of Vitamin D in the Middle East
- Excessive clothes and being indoors results in very low vitamin D levels – Nov 2011
- Less than 4 ng is more common in Saudis than diabetic Saudis – July 2010
- Parkinson disease increased in Israel by 50 percent in 7 years – June 2011
- Red Alert – one in three pre-teens in Tehran had less than 5 ng of vitamin D – Feb 2011
- Diabetes rising quickly in areas with recent air conditioning – June 2011
- Iranian vitamin D levels 13 ng summer, 12 ng winter – June 2011
- Vitamin D in blood is higher in winter than summer – in Middle-East Sept 2011
- Avoid the hot sun and thus vitamin D in the Middle East – Oct 2011
Authors are many of the people who will be presenting at the symposium: Al Anouti F, Thomas J, Abdel-Wareth L, Rajah J, Grant WB, Haq A.
short URL for this page = http://is.gd/vitd2012aInternational Symposium on Vitamin D Deficiency - Abu Dhabi March 2012
12606 visitors, last modified 31 Mar, 2019,This page is in the following categories (# of items in each category)