This is everyone in the state who signs up, not just Kaiser customers
Kaiser is jump starting the weigh and win program with $500,000 and hopes that other groups will carry it on.
People joining the program get their weight measured quarterly at 12 kiosks around the state.
Quarterly payments range from 5% loss = $15 up to 30% loss = $150
Program is being run by Dr. Eric France, Kaiser's chief of population care and prevention services.
Dr. France works in Colorado and actively supports use of bikes.
- Current Kaiser customers may lose weight
Save Kaiser money by reducing medical needs
- Reduce turnover of current Kaiser customers by increased respect for company and longer life
Bigger market share
- Gain new customers as individuals or as groups ==> bigger market share
People do not have to be near a kiosk to appreciate Kaiser
Colorado has the highest mean elevation in the US (6800 feet) - and probably the most annual UV of any state.
Note: Colorado area has more than North Florida, and much less heat
Perhaps people in Colorado get the most UVB/vitamin D of any US state
CLICK HERE for study which has the UV map
- 515,000 members (which is 10% of the 5 million people living in Colorado)
- named “Highest in Member Satisfaction” among Commercial Health Plans by J.D. Power and Associates for the third straight year.
- top-ranked private health plan in Colorado
Give away, or provide at low cost, vitamin D capsules
Provide for vitamin D for just customers or for everyone (in area, state, country)
Provide to all people or just those at high risk
Could even have KP printed on each capsule - great reminder