Vitamin D in Older Adults: The Need to Specify Standard Values with Respect to Cognition.
Front Aging Neurosci. 2014 Apr 15;6:72. eCollection 2014.
Annweiler C1, Beauchet O2.
Table from PDF is attached at the bottom of this page
See also VitaminDWiki
- Cognitive category listing with associated searches
- Vitamin D reduces Alzheimer’s disease in at least 11 ways – Jan 2013
- Vitamin D and neurocognitive function – Holick April 2014
- Cognitive Impairment 4X more likely if low vitamin D (less than 20 ng) – Feb 2014
- Alzheimer’s disease – vitamin D looks promising – Annweiler Jan 2014 same author as the item on this page
- Search VitaminDWiki for Annweiler 89 items as of May 2014
- Overview Alzheimer's-Cognition and Vitamin D has the following summary
- FACT: Cognitive decline is 19X more likely if low vitamin D
- FACT: Dementia is associated with low vitamin D levels.
- FACT: Alzheimer’s Dementia 2.3X more likely in elderly if low vitamin D – Dec 2022
- FACT: Dementia is associated with low vitamin D - many studies
- FACT: Alzheimer's Disease is 4X less likely if high vitamin D
- FACT: Every single risk factor listed for Alzheimer's Disease is also a risk factor for low vitamin D levels
- FACT: Elderly cognition gets worse as the elderly vitamin D levels get even lower (while in senior homes)
- OBSERVATION: Reports of increased vitamin D levels result in improved cognition
- OBSERVATION: Alzheimer’s patients 3X more likely to have a malfunctioning vitamin D receptor gene – 2012
- OBSERVATION: Alzheimer's Disease has been seen to halt when vitamin D was added.
- OBSERVATION: Alzheimer’s is associated with all 7 of the genes which restrict vitamin D
- OBSERVATION: 39 vitamin D and Alz. or Cognition intervention trials as of Sept 2018
- OBSERVATION: 2 Meta-analysis in 2012 agreed that Alzheimer's Disease. associated with low vitamin D
- OBSERVATION: 50X increase in Alzheimer's while decrease in vitamin D
- OBSERVATION: Vitamin D reduces Alzheimer’s disease in 11 ways
- OBSERVATION: Alzheimer’s cognition improved by 4,000 IU of vitamin D
- OBSERVATION: Plaque removed in mice by equiv. of 14,000 IU daily
- OBSERVATION: DDT (which decreases Vit D) increases risk of Alzheimer's by up to 3.8X
- FACT: Vitamin D is extremely low cost and has very very few side effects
- CONCLUSION: Everyone concerned about cognitive decline or Alzheimer's Disease should take vitamin D
- PREDICTION: By 2024 Omega-3 and high dose Vitamin D will be found to reverse Alzheimer's in humans
- As of 2018 that combination has worked well with Multiple Sclerosis, Sleep, and Cluster Headaches
There are 12+ Alzheimer’s meta-analyses in VitaminDWiki
There are 84+ Alzheimer’s studies in VitaminDWiki
Dementia is associated with low vitamin D - many studies 50+
48 studies in both categories Cognitive and Omega-3 see below
The End of Alzheimer's - if custom adjust Vitamin D, B-12, Iron, Omega-3, etc.
Customizing the types of treatment to the individual results in reversing Alzheimer'sCognition and vitamin D in elderly: is 10 ng the correct breakpoint – April 2014
5726 visitors, last modified 03 May, 2014,This page is in the following categories (# of items in each category)
ID Name Comment Uploaded Size Downloads 3871 Cognition.pdf PDF 2014 admin 03 May, 2014 13:42 442.81 Kb 589 3870 fnagi-06-00072-t001.jpg admin 03 May, 2014 13:42 878.51 Kb 894