I have heard about Earthing for years, but had not followed up on it.
Mercola reminded me of it Feb 2016
- Grounding — A Simple, Pleasurable Way to Reduce Inflammation and Chronic Disease Jan 2018
Includes a 15 minute video interview
- Mercola was skeptical for decades, but now is a 24X7 believer I saw it Feb 2016
- Barefoot walking with Clint Ober Nov 2002
- Documentary Grounded Oct 2013
- Grounding Is a Key Mechanism by Which Your Body Maintains Health Aug 2014
- How Your Body Generates Electricity March 2014 Steven Sinatra
- Grounding Helps Thin Dangerously Thick Blood and Fights Inflammation and Disease Aug 2013 Steven Sinatra
In Earthing #1 study people slept on conductive mats
The people did not know if the conductive mats were grounded or not
Earthing #1 was referenced by only 18 other papers in Google Scholar
5 Earthing studies are attached at the bottom of this page
Comment by Rich B
"I feel there is a strong connection between vitamin D and earthing, in that both provided important health benefits to our distant ancestors for millions of years. And both are now lacking in modern society, setting the stage for a long list of chronic disease, in my humble opinion."
see also VitaminDWiki Vitamin D – millions of years more ancient than Calcium – Jan 2016
Update June 2019: Earthing studies - many of which are placebo controlled
- EARTHING at Grounded.com
- The effects of grounding (earthing) on inflammation, the immune response, wound healing, and prevention and treatment of chronic inflammatory and autoimmune diseases - 2015
Personalized Vitamin D3 For MS With Michael Cawley, Facebook:
"Greetings from Sunny Mallorca! Three weeks ago I read Clint Obers book on the medical benefits of free electrons from the Earth via grounding. What grabbed my interest was the amount of people with auto immune diseases reporting a sustained reduction of symptoms from daily grounding. I bought a Clint Ober bed mat and brought it with me to Spain. After about 10 days I noticed my energy and sense of vitality had improved. I love to walk in the hills here but since a relapse 3 years ago my legs prefer not to walk for more than 2 hours. This year on the 2 hour walks my legs felt like normal and I decided to do a walk I thought I would never do again. It is a 5 hour walk with a 400 meter elevation which is intense. I set off at 9 am and enjoyed a peaceful wander in the hills. My legs and energy were perfect and I felt like I had a new body.
I was grounded (verified) by socket tester for 9 hours a night and two hours a day with bare feet on soil for 12 days before this walk.
When I reduce my grounding to 9 hours a day I notice my vitality and robustness decline. The benefits from Earthing are dose dependent, after 15 years of clinical observation Clint Ober says the more the better ( with the exception of Lyme disease). I recommend everyone to read Clint Ober’s Earthing book and study carefully the wide range of scientific studies that have been performed regarding earthings benefits.
- 1) Reduces stress hormones. Calming effect.
- 2) Positively effects Autonomic nervous system.
- 3) Improves the viscosity of blood. Reduces risk of blood clots.
- 4) Reduces elevated blood pressure.
- 5 ) Reduces inflammation and chronic pain.
- 6) Increases the bodies ability to cope with severe physical exertion and overwork.
- 7) Promotes better sleep and eases chronic digestive issues.
I am still on vacation but will post more upon my return. Wishing everyone a peaceful day ! Michael".
Grounding: The Missing Element to Healing Autoimmunity? GreenMedInfo Dec 2017
Extensive set of scientific references
- 1. Lobo, V. et al. (2010). Free radicals, antioxidants and functional foods: Impact on human health. Pharmacognosy Review, 4(8), 118-126.
- 2. Schieber, M., & Chandel, N.S. (2014). ROS Function in Redox Signaling and Oxidative Stress. Current Biology, 24(10), R453-R462.
- 3. Wood, Z.A., Poole, L.B., & Karplus, P.A. (2003). Peroxiredoxin evolution and the regulation of hydrogen peroxide signaling. Science, 300, 650–653.
- 4. Kiley, P.J., & Storz, G. (2004). Exploiting thiol modifications. PLoS Biology, 2, e400.
- 5. Kumagai, S., Jikimoto, T., Saegusa, J. (2003). [Pathological roles of oxidative stress in autoimmune diseases]. Rinsho Byori, 51(2), 126-132.
- 6. Young, I.S., & Woodside, J.V. (2001). Antioxidants in health and disease. Journal of Clinical Pathology, 54, 176-186.
- 7. Oschman, J.L. (2009). Charge transfer in the living matrix. Journal of Bodywork and Movement Therapy, 13(3), 215-218.
- 8. Chevalier, G. et al. (2012). Review article: Earthing: Health Implications of Reconnecting the Human Body to the Earth’s Surface Electrons. Journal of Environmental and Public Health, 1-8.
- 9. Oschman, J.L., Chevalier, G., & Brown, R. (2015). The effects of grounding (earthing) on inflammation, the immune response, wound healing, and prevention and treatment of chronic inflammatory and autoimmune diseases. Journal of Inflammation Research, 8, 83-96.
- 10. Ghaly, M., & Teplitz, D. (2004). The biologic effects of grounding the human body during sleep as measured by cortisol levels and subjective reporting of sleep, pain, and stress. Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine, 10(5), 767-776.
- 11. Cohen, S. et al. (2012). Chronic stress, glucocorticoid receptor resistance, inflammation, and disease risk. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, 109(16), 5995-5999.
- 12, Ober, C. (2000). Grounding the human body to neutralize bioelectrical stress from static electricity and EMFs. ESD Journal.
- 13. Hsiao, Y-H. (2015). Sleep Disorders and Increased Risk of Autoimmune Diseases in Individuals without Sleep Apnea. Sleep, 38(4), 581-586.
- 14. Roizenblatt, M. et al. (2012). Pain-related diseases and sleep disorders. Brazilian Journal of Medical Biology Research, 45(9), 792-798.
- 15. Hemminki, K. et al. (2015). Subsequent Type 2 Diabetes in Patients with Autoimmune Disease. Scientific Reports, 5, 13871.
- 16. Tidball, J.G. (2005). Inflammatory processes in muscle injury and repair. American Journal of Physiology, Regulatory, Integrative and Comparative Physiology, 288(2), R345-R353.
- 17. Jara, L.J., et al. (2006). Immune-neuroendocrine interactions and autoimmune diseases. Clinical and Developmental Immunology, 13(2-4), 109-123.
- 18. Zöller, B. et al. (2012). Autoimmune diseases and venous thromboembolism: a review of the literature. American Journal of Cardiovascular Disease, 2(3), 171-183.
- 19. Chevalier, G. et al. (2013). Earthing (Grounding) the Human Body Reduces Blood Viscosity—a Major Factor in Cardiovascular Disease. Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine, 19(2), 102-110.
- 20. Chevalier, G. (2010). Changes in pulse rate, respiratory rate, blood oxygenation, perfusion index, kin conductance, and their variability induced during and after grounding human subjects for 40 minutes. Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine, 16(1), 1-7.
- 21. Fleisher, L.A. (1996). Heart rate variability as an assessment of cardiovascular status. Journal of Cardiothoracic and Vascular Anesthesia, 10(5), 659-671.
- 22. Stojanovich, L. (2009). Autonomic dysfunction in autoimmune rheumatic disease. Autoimmune Reviews, 8(7), 569-572.
- 23. Fasano, A. (2012). Leaky gut and autoimmune disease. Clinical Reviews in Allergy and Immunology, 42(1), 71-78.
- 24. Passi, R. et al. (2017). Electrical Grounding Improves Vagal Tone in Preterm Infants. Neonatology, 112(2), 187-192.
- 25. Levy, G. et al. (2012). Vagal nerve stimulation modulates gut injury and lung permeability in trauma-hemorrhagic shock. Journal of Trauma, Acute Care, and Surgery, 73(2), 338-342.
- 26. Ulloa, L. (2005). The vagus nerve and the nicotinic anti-inflammatory pathway. Nature Reviews in Drug Discovery, 4, 673–684.
- 27. Wang, H. et al. (2003). Nicotinic acetylcholine receptor alpha7 subunit is an essential regulator of inflammation. Nature, 421, 384–388.
- 28. Tracey, K.J. (2017). Physiology and immunology of the cholinergic anti-inflammatory pathway. The Journal of Clinical Investigation, 117, 289-296.
- 29. Chahine, M. et al. (2008). Voltage-gated sodium channels in neurological disorders. CNS and Neurological Disorders—Drug Targes, 7(2), 144-158.
- 30. Applewhite, R. (2005). The effectiveness of a conductive patch and a conductive bed pad in reducing induced human body voltage via the application of earth ground. European Biology and Bioelectromagnetics, 1, 23-40.
- 31. Franceschi, C. et al. (2000). Inflamm-aging: an evolutionary perspective on immunosenescence. Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences, 908, 244-254.