Millions of older adults likely have minor memory issues that can later become dementia.
But only a fraction of them are diagnosed early enough for new treatments to stand a chance.
- "Expected and diagnosed rates of mild cognitive impairment and dementia in the U.S. Medicare population: observational analysis" July 2023 https://doi.org/10.1186/s13195-023-01272-z FREE PDF
- "7.4 of 8 million (92%) expected MCI cases remained undiagnosed. "
- "Detection Rates of Mild Cognitive Impairment in Primary Care for the United States Medicare Population" Oct 2023 https://doi.org/10.14283/jpad.2023.131FREE PDF
- Senior cognition improved in 4 ways by Vitamin D (50,000 IU weekly for 8 weeks) – Sept 2023
- Seniors taking vitamin D were 40% less likely to get dementia - Jan 2023
- Cognition improved in 5 ways after Vitamin D increased to 32 ng (50,000 weekly) – June 2023
- Dementia 2.6 X more likely if very low Vitamin D – March 2023
- Dementia again associated with low Vitamin D – 15th study in 10 years – Jan 2023
- Delirium more likely if low vitamin D - many studies
- Global burden of brain disorders surpasses cardiovascular disease and cancer - July 2023
- Alzheimer’s Is Now Optional - Dr. Bredesen video and transcript Sept 2023
- Average cost of Alzheimer’s $350,000 per patient
- Before no Alz in 50’s, now Alz in 40’s
- Roof with 36 holes – patching just 1 does not help
- APOE – 4 – 75% have 0 copies, single copy 30% higher risk of Alz. 2 copies = 70% higher risk