- " True, the sun worshippers had a higher incidence of it—but they were eight times less likely to die from it."
- "Avoidance of sun exposure is a risk factor of a similar magnitude as smoking, in terms of life expectancy.”
- “Homo sapiens have been around for 200,000 years. Until the industrial revolution, we lived outside.
How did we get through the Neolithic Era without sunscreen?
Actually, perfectly well.
What’s counterintuitive is that dermatologists run around saying, ‘Don’t go outside, you might die.’”
- Sunscreen (SPF-30) slightly increased the vitamin D from UVB – RCT Jan 2019
- The Greatest Public Health Mistake of the 20th Century (sunscreen block Vitamin D) - 2017
- Widespread regular sunscreen application deemed not useful in the US – April 2018
- Overview Skin and vitamin D
- Embrace the Sun – benefits of the sun throughout the day and year – book June 2018
- Avoiding the sun reduces lifespan by 2 years (smoking reduces lifespan by 10 years) – March 2016
- Dermatologists use sun block, stay indoors, and have low vitamin D (Thai in this study) – Dec 2018
Noontime sun and D category starts withNoontime sun and D has
No – 10 minutes per day of sun-UVB is NOT enough
Vitamin D Myths - SUN
Optimize vitamin D from the sun
Overview Suntans melanoma and vitamin D
Overview UV and vitamin D
Avoiding the sun is the same as smoking a pack of cigarettes a day – July 2019
Fewer cognitive problems if more sun or Vitamin D
Vitamin D Myths - SUN
Which Is Worse - Avoiding Sunlight or Vitamin D Deficiency – April 2019
Have We Gotten Sunscreen Totally Wrong - Jan 2019
The Greatest Public Health Mistake of the 20th Century (sunscreen block Vitamin D) - 2017
Sunshine provides more than Vitamin D
5 Amazing Properties of Sunlight You've Never Heard About
Vitamin D and Sun conference – Germany June 2017
Embrace the Sun – benefits of the sun throughout the day and year – book June 2018
- What You Need to Know About Sunscreen Ingredients Consumer Reports March 2019
"But the agency (FDA) is now asking the sunscreen industry to provide additional safety information on 12 common chemical sunscreen ingredients, including oxybenzone, avobenzone, homosalate, octinoxate, octisalate, and octocrylene.