5 Proven Uses of Calcitonin (Miacalcin) with Side Effects Dec 2017 SelfHacked
What Is Calcitonin?
- Calcitonin Function
- Calcitonin Levels
High Calcitonin May Indicate Thyroid Cancer
- 1) Calcitonin Helps Osteoporosis
- 2) Calcitonin Relieves Pain
- Calcitonin Treats Acute but Not Chronic Pain in Osteoporosis
- Calcitonin May Relieve Acute Phantom Limb Pain
- Calcitonin Helps Relieve Total Hip Replacement Pain
- Calcitonin Reduces Bone Pain in Bone Metastasis
- 3) Calcitonin Helps with Jaw Tumor
- 4) Calcitonin Helps with Paget’s Disease
- 5) Calcitonin Can Treat Severe Hypercalcemia
Calcitonin May Not Work For
- Lumbar Spinal Stenosis
- Bipolar Disorder
Side Effects of Calcitonin
- 1) Calcitonin May Cause Adverse Stomach and Skin Effects
- 2) Calcitonin May Increase Cancer Risk
- Calcitonin gene (CALCA)
- Calcitonin receptor (CALCR)
Calcitonin vs. Parathyroid Hormone and Calcitriol
Parathyroid Hormone and Calcitonin
Calcitonin and Calcitriol
- This is another molecule that acts in opposition to calcitonin.
- Calcitriol (1α,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3) is a by-product of vitamin D and is produced in the kidneys. Parathyroid hormone, low calcium, and low phosphate levels trigger its production [R].
- Calcitriol increases calcium levels in the blood and can slow the progression of chronic kidney disease and decrease protein levels in the urine [R].
- However, high levels of calcitriol can cause hypercalcemia (elevated calcium levels) [R].
- The main function of calcitriol is to increase the uptake absorption of calcium from the gut. It also works together with parathyroid hormone [R].
- In patients with medullary thyroid cancer, calcitriol reduces the production of calcitonin [R].
Wonder if Calcitonin might be used to reduce excess Calcium or increase bone healing
Calcitriol category listing has
52 items along with related searches
Calcitonin hormone works in opposition to Calcitriol – Dec 2017
PDF this page!
Follow this page for updates
9185 visitors, last modified 10 Dec, 2017,
|9185 visitors, last modified 10 Dec, 2017,