Highlights from Natural News Dr. Carol Dean (Ms Magnesium)
- magnesium is required by about 1300 enzymes systems in the body,
- Magnesium also has about 4,000 receptor sites on body proteins.
- One doctor said he couldn't understand why there was 5X more cardiovascular hospitalization and cardiovascular events in people with lowered kidney filtration rates but normal blood chemistry..Low Magnesium!!
- Use ionized magnesium testing so you know what's really going on with magnesium levels in the body.
Serum magnesium testing is highly inaccurate. It gives everyone a false sense of security about magnesium levels.
Only about 1 percent of the total body magnesium is in the serum
- people with chronic kidney disease have the highest levels of serum magnesium and in the same sample, the lowest levels of ionized magnesium
- There are only 140 labs of 5,000 in the U.S. that do the ionized magnesium test
CLICK HERE for her extensive Magnesium references
- Overview Kidney and vitamin D Reminder: poor Kidney functioning can reduce activation of vitamin D
- Overview Kidney Stones and vitamin D
- Overview Magnesium and vitamin D
- Hypomagnesemia (low Magnesium) is very prevalent in ICU – 1999