New textbook explains human epigenetics to undergraduates
Carlberg, Carsten, Molnár, Ferdinand, DOI 10.1007/978-3-030-22907-8
Chromatin Modifying Proteins and RNAs
Embryogenesis and Cellular Differentiation
Population Epigenetics and Aging
Epigenetics of Immune Function
Epigenome-Environment Interactions and Their Therapy
Download the PDF from Sci-Hub via VitaminDWiki
Strangely, "Vitamin D" is not mentioned in his book even once
A few images from the book
- Vitamin D Signaling in the Context of Innate Immunity: Focus on Human Monocytes – Sept 2019 Free PDF doi: 10.3389/fimmu.2019.02211
- “Thus, the epigenome of human monocytes is at multiple levels sensitive to vitamin D”
- Vitamin D and evolution: Pharmacologic implications – Aug 2019 doi: 10.1016/j.bcp.2019.07.024
- Vitamin D Nutrigenomics - High, Medium, and Low Responders - March 2019 on VitaminDWiki
Folia Med (Plovdiv) . 2020 Dec 31;62(4):662-667. doi: 10.3897/folmed.62.e50204..
Violeta Snegarova 1, Darina Naydenova 2
Vitamin D is a secosteroid hormone with known beneficial effects on several body systems other than the musculoskeletal system. Both 25 dihydroxy vitamin D [25(OH)2D] and its active hormonal form, 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D [1,25(OH)2D] are essential for hu-man physiological functions, including damping down inflammation and the excessive intracellular oxidative stresses. In the present study we set out to review all available literature on vitamin D and the role it plays in epigenetics and gene regulation. We searched the PubMed/Medline electronic database for studies published in the English language up to January 2020. The Medical Subject Headings (MeSH) database was searched with the keywords 'vitamin D', 'DNA methylation', 'nutritional supplements', 'epigenome' and 'pregnancy'. Observational studies, supplementation studies, and meta-analyses dealing with the effect of vitamin D on epigenetics and gene regula-tion were included in the review. The obtained information from the databases such as PubMed, Google Scholar, and ResearchGate was analysed and summarized.
We found that hypovitaminosis D increases the incidence and severity of several age-related common diseases such as the oxidative stress-associated metabolic disorders.
- insulin resistance,
- type 2 diabetes,
- pregnancy complications,
- memory disorders,
- autoimmune diseases,
- certain cancers, and
- systemic inflammatory diseases.
New understandings of vitamin D-related advances in metabolomics, transcriptomics, epigenetics, in relation to its ability to control oxidative stress in conjunction with micronutrients, vitamins, and antioxidants, following normalization of serum 25(OH)D and tissue 1,25(OH)2D concentra-tions, are likely to promise better cost-effective clinical outcomes in humans. There is a strong reciprocity between the vitamin D system and epigenetic mechanisms. The vitamin D system is, on the one hand regulated by epigenetic mechanisms and, on the other hand, is involved in regulating epigenetic events.
Download the PDF from VitaminDWiki
- Vitamin D status and epigenetic-based mortality risk score: strong independent and joint prediction of all-cause mortality in a population-based cohort study
- Vitamin D and the epigenome - April 2014  Download the PDF from VitaminDWiki
- Genetic and epigenetic factors influencing vitamin D status - October 2017 https://doi.org/10.1002/jcp.26216
- "The aim of current review was to provide an overview of the possible value of loci associated to vitamin D metabolism, catabolism, and transport as well epigenetic modification and environmental factors influencing vitamin D status."
- Vitamin D receptor gene is epigenetically altered and transcriptionally up-regulated in multiple sclerosis
- March 2017  Download the PDF from VitaminDWiki
- Vitamin D, Testosterone, Epigenetics and Pain an Evolving Concept of Neurosignaling, Neuroplasticity and Homeostasis - Dec 2017
-  Download the PDF from Research Gate vis VitaminDWiki
- A Super Brief and Basic Explanation of Epigenetics for Total Beginners July 2018
There have actually been
|1054 visitors, last modified 25 Feb, 2021,
|15119||Epigenetics and Gene Regulation 2020.pdf||PDF 2020||admin 25 Feb, 2021 14:28||171.68 Kb||31|
|13213||Vitamin D, Testosterone, Epigenetics RG.pdf||admin 23 Dec, 2019 13:18||2.11 Mb||207|
|13212||VDR Epi.pdf||admin 23 Dec, 2019 13:14||1.54 Mb||181|
|13211||Vitamin D and the epigenome June 2014.pdf||admin 23 Dec, 2019 13:07||710.22 Kb||168|
|13210||Epigenetics June 2018.pdf||PDF 2018||admin 23 Dec, 2019 13:01||1.10 Mb||195|
|12810||Epi changes.jpg||admin 17 Oct, 2019 10:18||28.49 Kb||376|
|12809||Epi mechanisms.jpg||admin 17 Oct, 2019 10:18||84.66 Kb||356|
|12808||Epi modifiers.jpg||admin 17 Oct, 2019 10:17||74.49 Kb||345|
|12807||Epi 10.6.jpg||admin 17 Oct, 2019 10:17||50.75 Kb||337|
|12806||Epigenetics sci-hub_compressed.pdf||PDF 2019||admin 17 Oct, 2019 10:01||9.39 Mb||388|