Vitamin D3 Supplementation Has No Impact on Breast Density Percentage, Breast Cancer Risk Oncology Nurse
Brisson J, Berube S, Diorio C, et al. A randomized double-blind placebo-controlled trial of the effect of vitamin D3 supplementation on breast density in premenopausal women [published online July 14, 2017]. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev.
The study only lasted 1 year, and the vitamin D levels probably not peaked for 3 months.
9 months is not nearly long enough to notice a change in Breast Cancer rates
- Cancer risk reduced 65 percent by vitamin D levels greater than 40 nanograms – April 2016
- 6X less Breast Cancer if have even minimal vitamin D – July 2013
- Cancer (colon, breast, lymph) survival about 2X better with high level vitamin D – meta-analysis July 2014
- Low vitamin D associated with dense breasts, which are associated with breast cancer – April 2012
- More sunlight (more vitamin D), less dense breasts – July 2013