Neither vitamin D nor exercise affected fall rates among older women in Finland Medical Express - JAMA publication
- Overview Fractures and Falls and Vitamin D
"It appears that at least 2,000 IU of vitamin D and 500 mg of Calcium are needed to substantially reduce falling"
- Vitamin D prevents falls – majority of meta-analyses conclude – meta-meta analysis Feb 2015
- Seniors need at least 4,000 IU vitamin D, no test needed – Consensus Jan 2014
- Yet again, 800 IU of vitamin D was found to be barely enough to help bones – Lancet Oct 2013
- Vitamin D may prevent falls and fractures without Calcium – an overview of 9 meta-analysis – Oct 2012
- 800 IU vitamin D resulted in 20 ng, 3200 IU resulted in 45 ng – RCT March 2012 800 IU does not raise blood level very much