In case of emergency you probably want to get vitamin D into the bloodstream as quickly as possible.
Fat soluable vitamins decrease quickly after trauma
Without getting an injection, it appears that a vitamin D spray is the fastest way.
The following study indicates that spraying the vitamin D on the cheeks is faster than sublinqual.
Note: I have just ordered a 3,000 IU/spray bottle for use in emergencies. Henry Lahore Feb 2013
I plan on spraying vitamin D about 10 times (30,000 IU) inside the cheek in case of trauma, onset of flu, etc.
Study was made in 2012 for DLux Vitamin D spray
Study was made on pigs - which have similar mouth characteristics to humans.
It is far far easier to remove tongues, inner cheeks from dead pigs than from live humans
Looking at the number of data points one can guess that there were a lot of dead pigs
Much better inside of cheek than above or below the tongue
Does take a a long time to penetrate the inner cheek (far longer than pssible if animial is alive)
Their formulation appears to be absorbed both faster and better than 2 other formulations
Their spray is available from the UK and from ebay
- 3,000 IU,
- 1,000 IU
- 400 IU sizes
- 200 IU Vitamin D3 per spray along with B1, B6, and Folic acid for pregnancy
They suggest 5 sprays per day @ 200 IU = 1,000 IU (but at least 6,000 IU appears to be needed
Amazon had 22 Vitamin D sprays as of Nov 2020
Some of which include Vitamin K2
Fairly low cost:
- 8 pounds ($12.80) per bottle which contains 100 sprays of 3,000 IU per spray
- *which is approx 21 cents per 5,000 IU - which is OK
- Other forms of vitamin D (capsule, liquid, etc.) are much less expensive than sprays.
- but other forms are not absorbed so quickly, and most need your gut to be working properly.
No such attachment on this page
See also VitaminDWiki
- Nanoemulsion Vitamin D may be a substantially better form
- The lungs can activate vitamin D locally – a Vitamin D inhaler may help lungs – Aug 2016
- Might be faster than buccal - but need an atomizer
- Mucosal membranes (mouth, lungs, nose, intestines, etc) can activate Vitamin D – July 2020
- More than the mouth can activate Vitamin D
- Sublingual Vitamin D sometimes is better than tablet – April 2020
- Alternatives if not swallow pills or not absorb vitamin D
- Sublingual vitamin D
- Vitamin D sprayed inside cheeks (buccal spray) - several studies
- Forms of Vitamin D category listing has
100 items along with related searches
Getting Vitamin D into your body has the following summary chart
Time to reach half of the response to oral vitamin D is about 32 hours
Vs Time for spray on the cheek is about 4 hours, perhaps 8X faster!
Short URL for this page = http://is.gd/DLuxCheek