- Big concern that the advertising of Statin drugs on TV do not mention the 900 studies which show an adverse affect
- pharmaceutical companies spend nearly TWICE as much on marketing in the US as they do on research and development of new drugs,
- Between 1994 and 2000, US TV drug ads increased 40-fold.
- Ninety-Nine Out of 100 People Do Not Need Statin Drugs
Actually The Philippines still permits tobacco advertisement on TV – from 7AM to noon
Direct to Consumer advertising of drugs
Perhaps TV advertising of drugs is allowed in Australia and Canada as well - see Mercola comments
- Statins and Vitamin D - many studies
- Overview Hypertension and Vitamin D does Vitamin D reduce Hypertension better than statins?
- Statin use increased probability of diabetes in women by 48 percent – perhaps via vitamin D Jan 2012
- Smoking reduces vitamin D - many studies