Low-dose naltrexone Wikipedia
- " off-label use of the medication naltrexone at low doses for diseases such as Crohn's disease and multiple sclerosis"
- "Naltrexone is an opioid receptor antagonist, meaning it binds to opioid receptors in cells"
- "Low-dose naltrexone refers to doses at about 1/10th the size of the dose used normally."
- "One hypothesis behind low-dose naltrexone's mechanism of action is that inhibiting opioid receptors at low doses might cause the body to increase production of endorphins and upregulate the immune system."
Low-Dose Naltrexone for Autoimmune Diseases Mercola July 2016
Nothing about vitamin D, Video and transcript, Has been used successfuly by Dr. Cowen at Weston A. Price Foundation
- "LDN can act as an immunomodulator in multiple autoimmune diseases and malignant tumors as well as alleviate the symptoms of some mental disorders. The results of increasing studies indicate that LDN exerts its immunoregulatory activity by binding to opioid receptors in or on immune cells and tumor cells." doi: 10.1016/j.intimp.2018.05.020
Low dose naltrexone in multiple sclerosis: Effects on medication use. A quasi-experimental study Nov 2017
Tracked MS drug use with and without Naltrexone - no difference, PDF online
Top 15 Benefits of Low Dose Naltrexone (LDN) + Side Effects Self-Hacked, June 2018
Introduction to Low Dose Naltrexone (LDN)
How Does LDN Work?
Health Benefits of Low Dose Naltrexone
1) LDN Can Reduce Pain and Inflammation in Many Conditions
LDN Treats Fibromyalgia Symptoms
LDN Reduces Pain and Swelling in Rheumatoid Arthritis
LDN Amplifies Anticonvulsant and Anti-Pain Effects of Drugs
LDN Helps with CRPS Symptoms
LDN Helps with Pain in Transverse Myelitis
2) LDN Effectively Treats Irritable Bowel Syndrome
3) LDN Effectively Treats Inflammatory Bowel Disease
4) LDN Blocks Activation of Microglia
5) LDN Fights Cancer
6) LDN Helps With Degenerative Brain Disorders
Naltrexone and Alzheimer’s Disease
LDN Alleviates Symptoms in Parkinson’s Disease
LDN May Treat ALS and PLS
7) LDN Effectively Treats Patients with Autism
8) LDN Improves PTSD Symptoms
9) LDN Can Improves Mood and Quality of Life
10) LDN Decreases Nausea in Trauma Patients
11) LDN Alleviates Itchiness and Maybe Histamine Intolerance
12) LDN Enhances Maturation of Bone Marrow Dendritic Cells
13) LDN Can Help Patients Struggling with Drug Problems
LDN Can Help Treat Opioid Withdrawal and Detox Patients
LDN Reduces Craving and Drug Response in Heavy-Drinking Smokers
LDN Can Help Prevent Cocaine Relapse
14) LDN is Effective in Treating HIV/AIDS
15) LDN Alleviates Symptoms in Multiple Sclerosis
The use of low-dose naltrexone (LDN) as a novel anti-inflammatory treatment for chronic pain Feb 2014
"LDN may represent one of the first glial cell modulators to be used for the management of chronic pain disorders"
Free PDF online
Low-Dose Naltrexone for Autoimmunity? 2017?
Nice overview with lots of reader comments
Vitamin D and Autoimmune Disease: A Systematic Review of the Literature speech at LDN conference