Nephrol. Dial. Transplant. (2012) 27 (suppl 2): ii146-ii158; doi: 10.1093/ndt/gfs219
CLICK HERE for authors and abstracts: the following are just the titles
- CLINICAL AND DEMOGRAPHIC PREDICTORS FOR VITAMIN D DEFICIENCY IN MULTI-ETHNIC ASIAN PATIENTS WITH CHRONIC KIDNEY DISEASE
- EFFECT OF VITAMIN D ON VASCULAR LESIONS AND OXIDATIVE STRESS AT EARLY STAGE OF DIABETIC NEPHROPATHY
- VITAMIN D RECEPTOR ACTIVATORS PRESERVE VASCULAR CALCIFICATION BY REDUCING OSTEOPROTEGERIN LEVELS IN HEMODIALYSIS PATIENTS
- EFFECTS OF THE SELECTIVE VITAMIN D RECEPTOR (VDR) AGONIST, PARICALCITOL, COMPARED TO CINACALCET ON CALCIUM, PHOSPHOROUS AND IPTH: RESULTS FROM THE IMPACT SHPT STUDY
- VITAMIN D IS LINKED WITH ANTI-INFLAMMATORY CYTOKINES IN PATIENTS WITH NON-DIALYSIS DEPENDENT CKD
- CALCITRIOL DIRECTLY INFLUENCES FETUIN-A SYNTHESIS THROUGH ITS ACTION ON HEPATOCYTE VDR
- BODY FAT IS A PREDICTOR OF HYPOVITAMINOSIS D IN RENAL TRANSPLANT PATIENTS.
- IS A 25 VITAMIN D DEFICIENCY A RISK FACTOR FOR ANEMIA IN CHRONIC KIDNEY DISEASE PATIENTS?
- THE EFFECT OF CHOLECALCIFEROL SUPPLEMENTATION IN CHRONIC KIDNEY DISEASE
- THE EFFECT OF ORAL VITAMIN D SUPPLEMENTATION IN CKD PATIENTS
- FIVE YEARS FOLLOW UP OF 25 OH VITAMIN D REMPLACEMENT THERAPY IN 165 CANADIAN DIALYSIS PATIENTS WITH CHOLECALCIFEROL 10000 UNITS ONCE A WEEK.
- 1,25D/25D RATIO TO ASSESS THE OVERALL BALANCE OF VITAMIN D HYDROXYLASES (OH-ASE).
- IMPACT OF 1,25-DIHYDROXYVITAMIN D ON RENAL FUNCTION IN CHRONIC KIDNEY DISEASE PATIENTS
- PLASMA EXCHANGE INDUCES VITAMIN D DEFICIENCY
- VITAMIN D DEFICIENCY IN FABRY DISEASE
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- Need at least 80 ng of vitamin D if have chronic kidney disease – May 2012
- Adding Vitamin decreased kidney deaths by 4x – Dec 2010
It is amazing that such excellent results were buried in the paper. They were not in the title nor abstract.
This is the result of about 10 trials with about 5,000 kidney disease patients.
Note: some of the trials were terminated as they felt it morally wrong to not give vitamin D to all of the Kidney patients
- All items in Kidney and Vitamin D 82 items as of May 2012
- Overview Kidney and vitamin D which had the following summary May 2012
FACT: Kidney is one of the 2 ways that vitamin D is turned into something that body can use; active vitamin D = Calcitriol
FACT: When the Kidney has problems, there is less Calcitriol available in the body
FACT: When the Kidney has problems, there is increased death due to many factors - many of which are associated with lack of Calcitriol
FACT: There are many on-going intervention clinical trials trying to determine how much of what kind of vitamin D is needed to correct the problem
FACT: Vitamin D intervention has yet been proven to help health of people with kidney problems - with random controlled trials
FACT: Taking extra Vitamin D, in various forms, does not cause health problems - even for those with poor kidneys
Suggestion: Increase vitamin D getting into body now - and increase co-factors so that the vitamin D can be better used