- vitamins will be distributed free to all pregnant women, women up to 12 months post-natal and children aged six months to five.
- Previously they were only offered free of charge to those on benefits or low incomes.
Note: no vitamin D ages 0-6 months vs
Suspect very low doses when any are given
Healthy Start fails to mention DOSE SIZE
- UK-NICE draft on vitamin D – extremely low doses and levels– May 2014
- Draft of UK policy on Vitamin D, keeping 10 ng definition - March 2013
- Healthy Start vitamin D supplementation in UK is a farce - Nov 2010
- Presentation: pre and post natal vitamin D, with audience comments – Manchester UK Sept 2013
- Third study found that Infants needed 1600 IU of vitamin D – JAMA RCT May 2013
not just 300 IU = Healthy Start, which is not enough to prevent rickets