10 years of 25-hydroxyvitamin-D testing by LC-MS/MS-trends in vitamin-D deficiency and sufficiency.
Bone Rep. 2018 May 23;8:268-273. doi: 10.1016/j.bonr.2018.05.003. eCollection 2018 Jun.
Galior K1, Ketha H2, Grebe S1, Singh RJ1.
This study is one of 11 others in 12 Vitamin D articles in Bone Reports Journal – 2018
Based on 5,000,000 patients in Minnesota, Feb 2007-2017
44 degrees latitude = strong winters
Probably the Mayo Clinic has been encouraging patients to increase Vitamin D
- Increased use of D category listing has
54 items along with related searches
- Vitamin D was the most supplemented vitamin or mineral in the US - 2017
- Vitamin D 1000 IU or more: 1 in 3 of those over age 60 as of 2013– JAMA June 2017
- Vitamin D levels in US: percent having more than 40 ng doubled (2001-2010) - Dec 2016
- Vitamin D levels increasing in US elderly, whites, and women – CDC Nov 2016
- Huge increase in Vitamin D supplementation in the US military (2005-13) – Oct 2016
- Many more people now have vitamin D levels above 50 ng, especially seniors – May 2015 - Mayo Clinic
Note: Study considers > 80 ng to be toxic, VitaminDWiki disagrees
- Sleep disorders cured by 60-80 ng of vitamin D and some B vitamins – March 2013
- Autism treated by Vitamin D (80 – 120 ng) – Cannell update May 2018
- Need at least 80 ng of vitamin D if have chronic kidney disease – May 2012
- Cluster headaches virtually eliminated in 7,000 people with high-dose vitamin D and cofactors - Feb 2022 80 ng
- Dr. who got patients to vitamin D level of 80 ng - went out of business, patients became too health
- Autoimmune diseases such as MS treated/reversed - 150 ng of vitamin D
Download the PDF from VitaminDWiki
< 10 ng - decreased to 3%
25-80 ng - increased to 75%
> 80 ng - jumped to 2.5%
In early 2000's vitamin-D deficiency was shown to be prevalent in several countries including the United States (US). Studies exploring the role of vitamin-D metabolism in diverse disease pathways generated an increased demand for vitamin-D supplementation and an immense public interest in measurement of vitamin-D metabolite levels. In this report, we review the role of vitamin-D metabolism in disease processes, clinical utility of measuring vitamin-D metabolites including 25-hydroxyvitamin-D (25(OH)D), 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin-D and 24,25-dihydroxyvitamin-D and discuss vitamin-D assay methodologies including immunoassays and liquid chromatography mass spectrometry (LC-MS/MS) assays. We also provide examples of vitamin-D toxicity and insight into the trends in serum 25(OH)D levels in the US population based on 10 years of data from on serum 25(OH)D values from ~5,000,000 patients who were tested at the Mayo Medical Laboratories between February 2007-February 2017.
PMID: 29955644 PMCID: PMC6020395 DOI: 10.1016/j.bonr.2018.05.003Vitamin D levels at Mayo Clinic increased over a decade – June 2018
5171 visitors, last modified 08 Oct, 2020,This page is in the following categories (# of items in each category)
ID Name Comment Uploaded Size Downloads 10059 Mayo over 80.jpg admin 30 Jun, 2018 11:34 25.09 Kb 849 10058 Mayo 25-80.jpg admin 30 Jun, 2018 11:34 32.51 Kb 1074 10057 Mayo under 10.jpg admin 30 Jun, 2018 11:33 31.80 Kb 880 10056 10 years at Mayo.pdf PDF 2018 admin 30 Jun, 2018 11:33 814.50 Kb 732