The article attributes the reduction in rate of births of less than 5 pounds to reduction of indoor polutants.
Wonder how much of the reduction was due to more UVB light, and thus vitamin D.
- Recurrent pre term birth and low vitamin D – Dec 2012
- Low birth weight associated with vitamin D levels less than 11 ng – Nov 2012
- Infants born early had low vitamin D levels – Oct 2012
- Air pollution while pregnant reduced vitamin D level in infant – Aug 2012
- Low vitamin D increased probability of low birth weight by 60 percent – meta-analysis June 2012
- Hypothesis: UVA through window glass decreases vitamin D - 2009
- UVA from some tanning beds and most windows decrease vitamin D blood levels – March 2012
- Births with low vitamin D weighted less (Hispanic too) – Dec 2015