- THE EFFECTS OF VITAMIN D SUPPLEMENTATION ON PROGNOSIS IN PATIENTS WITH MILD OBSTRUCTIVE SLEEP APNEA SYNDROME
- Sleep Apnea Events
- Sleep category starts with
- 19 additional health problems are treated by 50,000 IU of Vitamin D weekly as of June 2021
- 11+ VitaminDWiki titles contain "Sleep apnea"
- There have been
1525 visits to this page
THE EFFECTS OF VITAMIN D SUPPLEMENTATION ON PROGNOSIS IN PATIENTS WITH MILD OBSTRUCTIVE SLEEP APNEA SYNDROME
Turk J Med Sci. 2021 Jun 27. doi: 10.3906/sag-2101-83
Feride Ayyildiz, Hilal Yildiran, Nigar Afandiyeva, Özlem Gülbahar, Oğuz Köktürk
Download the PDF from VitaminDWiki
Sleep Apnea Events
Background/aim: The aim of this study was to investigate the effect of vitamin D on the disease prognosis and biochemical parameters in patients with mild obstructive sleep apnea syndrome(OSAS).
Materials and methods: Nineteen adult male individuals(18-65 years) who were diagnosed with mild OSAS after polysomnography and had low vitamin D levels were included in the study. Each week, patients took 50.000 IU Vitamin D3 supplementation for 8 weeks. Polysomnography, biochemical parameters FBG (fasting blood glucose), lipid profile (TG, TC, LDL-C, HDL-C, VLDL-C), calcium, phosphorus, parathormone, calcitonin, serum 25(OH)D, insulin, CRP, TNF-?, IL-6 and IL-10 of patients were evaluated at the beginning of study and at the end of the study. All assessments, including polysomnography, were repeated after 8 weeks.
Results: Serum vitamin D levels were initially 19.5 ± 5.01 ng / mL and increased to 41.8 ± 10.51 ng / mL (p <0.001) at the end of the study. FBG, TC and HOMA-IR of the patients were significantly decreased (p <0.05). CRP,TNF-?, IL-6 and IL-10 levels were also correlated with serum vitamin D levels (p <0.05). There was a significant decrease in number of obstructive apneas, apneas and hypopneas, apnea index, hypopnea index and apnea hypopnea index of the patients (p <0.05).
Conclusion: As a result, it is thought that vitamin D supplementation may have a positive effect on the disease prognosis of mild OSAS.
Sleep category starts with
91 items in sleep category
A few items in SLEEP category
- Sleep problems cured by vitamin D, etc. – workshops and patient workbooks – Gominak 2018
- Sleeps disorders nicely treated by Vitamin D (50,000 IU twice a month) – RCT May 2017
- Restless Legs Syndrome dramatically reduced by vitamin D, etc
- Iron deficiency is a cause of Vitamin D deficiency Depression
- On the job sleepiness 2.2X more likely if low vitamin D – Feb 2020
- Poor sleep 1.5 X more likely if less than 20 ng of Vitamin D – Feb 2019
- The Better Sleep Vitamin (Vitamin D) – nice 3 dollar book Feb 2015
- The worse the sleep apnea, the lower the vitamin D levels – meta-analysis 2017, 2020
- Sleep Apnea patients – 98 percent had low vitamin D – Feb 2016
- Vitamin D for better sleep video - Dec 2021
- 5X increase in sleep problems in a decade in US Veterans
19 additional health problems are treated by 50,000 IU of Vitamin D weekly as of June 2021
11+ VitaminDWiki titles contain "Sleep apnea"Items found: 11
There have been
1525 visits to this pageMild Obstructive Sleep Apnea decreased by 50,000 IU weekly vitamin D – June 2021 51 visitors, last modified 20 May, 2023,This page is in the following categories (# of items in each category)
ID Name Comment Uploaded Size Downloads 15815 Events 50K.jpg admin 27 Jun, 2021 14:12 59.71 Kb 277 15814 Sleep Apnea 5oK.jpg admin 27 Jun, 2021 14:11 82.39 Kb 272 15813 Sleep Apnea 50K.pdf PDF 2021 admin 27 Jun, 2021 14:11 654.55 Kb 248
- There have been