Why Farmed Salmon Are a Toxic ‘Junk Food’ Mercola
Mice were fed farmed salmon with and without toxins removed.
Mice fed salmon with toxins quickly got diabetes - without toxins there was no diabetes
". . .the PCBs you get from one meal of farmed salmon will not be fully cleared out of the body for between 50 and 75 years"
An Inside Look Into the Fish Industry Reveals Disturbing Facts That Could Threaten Your Health Mercola April 2016
- "Below the salmon farms dotted across the Norwegian fjords, there’s a layer of waste some 15 meters high, teeming with bacteria, drugs, and pesticides. In short, the entire sea floor has been destroyed, and since the farms are located in open water, the pollution from these farms is in no way contained."
- "He’s tested a number of different food groups sold in Norway for toxins, and indeed, farmed salmon contains the greatest amount of toxins of them all, and by an incredibly large margin."
- "Overall, farmed salmon is five times more toxic than any other food product tested. In animal feeding studies, mice fed farmed salmon grew obese, with thick layers of fat around their internal organs. They also developed diabetes."
- " . . about 50 percent of farmed cod are deformed . . "
- "Wild salmon contains about 5 to 7 percent fat, whereas the farmed variety can contain anywhere from 14.5 to 34 percent."
includes a video
- Farmed fish not have enough vitamin D to increase levels – RCT Feb 2014
- Salmon and IU of Vitamin D per 100 g – Baltic 19, North Sea 9, Farmed 5 – April 2019
- Fatty Fish in diet increases vitamin D level a few nanograms – meta-analysis Sept 2015
- Salmon intervention (vitamin D and Omega-3) improved heart rate variability and reduced anxiety – Nov 2014
- Overview: Omega-3 many benefits include helping vitamin D
"They (Vectomega) claim 1 pill (costing about 59 cents) has the Omega-3 of 6 ounces of salmon "
- Farmed fish have 2X less Omega-3, 4X less Vitamin D – May 2017
- Wild Salmon Beats Farmed for Vitamin D (Again) 2010
Per 3.5 oz serving: Wild 500 IU, Farmed 60 IU (also had higher fat and lower Omega-3)
- That is an 8X decrease. Other references show "only" a 3X decrease in farmed salmon