Rupturable blister pack
- Can start using blister pack any day of the week
- Shows which days have been taken - no need to remember
- OK to forget vitamin D for a few days- just take all of the ones missed later.
- OK to miss a few days (just 28 on card vs 30 or 31 for most months)
- Typically 4,000 IU (the current US recommended maximum)
- 400 IU if used as a placebo (random controlled trials)
- > 4,000 IU for the very deficient: elderly , blacks, MS, Diabetes, far from sun, avoid the sun, etc.
Most vitamin D capsules are as small as a pea
Vitamin D is also available in other forms, such as liquid, sublingual, powder, etc.
Each bister can include co-factor pill
Note: Taking extra vitamin D has been found to be a great for eliminating aches, pains, flu, etc
Solution: Have an additional, unlabeled row in the blister pack