see new publication by Dr. Gominak Nov 2011 Poor sleep and lack of vitamin D - Nov 2011
CLICK HERE for her web page on Migraine and Vitamin D
Notes from PDF CLICK HERE for PDF
- Migraine pain transmitters are mutant genes which turn on the pain receptors evolved to be activated only with concussions.
- If you do not have a migraine gene a sleep disorder will not cause headache pain.
- "Most patients with daily headache have a primary sleep disorder, either sleep apnea, restless leg syndrome or periodic limb movements of sleep.” Page 35
- 'Most of these patients have vitamin D deficiency with or without accompanying B12 deficiency
- Vitamin D 70- -85 nanograms/ ml.
- B12 > 500/ml.“
- Why do migraines start at puberty?
- Why do they start in boys and girls around the same age but get much better in boys?
- Why are they worse around the menses?
- Why are they much worse perimenopausally?
- Why do they go away after menopause?
- Vitamin D and Migraine – Nov 2010
- All items in category Headache and vitamin D
- Sleep and vitamin D - Jan 2011 also by Dr. Gominak
- Overview Brain and vitamin D
- Cluster headaches substantially reduced by 10,000 IU of Vitamin D in 80 percent of people
- Overview Magnesium and vitamin D
- Headache with vitamin D may mean you need Magnesium
- Google search migraine magnesium 2,000,000 hits May 2014
This page is in the following categories (# of items in each category)
- FDA approved TMS device for headache - Dec 2013
Based on a single RCT and diary entries of 100 people
Side effects from the device were rare, the FDA said, but included "single reports of sinusitis, aphasia (inability to speak or understand language) and vertigo."
Rare? with only 100 people, Minor?
Search For a Page