see new publication by Dr. Gominak Nov 2011 Poor sleep and lack of vitamin D - Nov 2011
CLICK HERE for her web page on Migraines and Vitamin D
Notes from PDF CLICK HERE for PDF
- Migraine pain transmitters are mutant genes that turn on the pain receptors that evolved to be activated only with concussions.
- If you do not have a migraine gene, a sleep disorder will not cause headache pain.
- "Most patients with daily headache have a primary sleep disorder, either sleep apnea, restless leg syndrome or periodic limb movements of sleep.” Page 35
- 'Most patients have vitamin D deficiency with or without accompanying B12 deficiency.
- Vitamin D 70- -85 nanograms/ ml.
- B12 > 500/ml.“
- Why do migraines start at puberty?
- Why do they start in boys and girls around the same age but get much better in boys?
- Why are they worse around the menses?
- Why are they much worse perimenopausal?
- Why do they go away after menopause?
This list is automatically updated
Items found: 21
- Vitamin D and Migraine – Nov 2010
- All items in category Headache and vitamin D
- Sleep and vitamin D - Jan 2011 also by Dr. Gominak
- Overview Brain and vitamin D
- Cluster headaches virtually eliminated in 7,000 people with high-dose vitamin D and cofactors - Feb 2022
- Overview Magnesium and vitamin D
- Headache with vitamin D may mean you need Magnesium
- Google Scholar had 28,200 studies of Magnesium and Migraine as of Jan 2022
- Why all migraine patients should be treated with magnesium - 2012
- Dietary magnesium and migraine in adults: A cross‐sectional analysis of the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey 2001–2004 (2021)
- Dietary Intake of Calcium and Magnesium in Relation to Severe Headache or Migraine - 2021
- Magnesium compared to conventional therapy for the treatment of migraines - 2021
- Is high-dose magnesium supplementation helpful in adolescents with migraine? - 2021
This page is in the following categories (# of items in each category)
- FDA approved TMS device for headache - Dec 2013
Based on a single RCT and diary entries of 100 people
Side effects from the device were rare, the FDA said, but included "single reports of sinusitis, aphasia (inability to speak or understand language) and vertigo."
Rare? with only 100 people, Minor?
- Migraines and EEGs not changed after raising Vitamin D levels to >20 ng (need >50 ng)
- An assessment of the relation between vitamin D levels and electroencephalogram (EEG) changes in migraine patients - Jan 2022 PDF